Cloupor 30W Box Mod OWNERS thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

icebat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
KS
Just wanted to drop in to say I'm loving this device. I've had all weekend to play with it and I've noticed some of the same quirks that a few other people have mentioned. I've seen the screen come on randomly once or twice, the .1 drop in watts a few times randomly, and also sometimes it will wake right up and fire on the first click out of sleep mode, and sometimes it won't. As far as whether the black version is painted or anodized, I'm not 100% sure but I'm thinking it's painted. I haven't dropped it or anything but it already has a couple very tiny nicks in it. Mostly around the edges.

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
You guys have pretty much listed the minor quirks already which are very minimal. I always leave mine in stealth and give it one click to start if it's been sitting for more than a couple minutes. Overall it's outperforming my mechs and firing everything I have thrown at it. I don't vape under .7ohms but that's all I need.

CurlyxCracker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Williamsport, PA
Elev8 question for those of you who have gotten yours already...do they send out an email saying it has been shipped, that has tracking info? It would seem they do, but in my eagerness/waiting mode, I just have to ask =)

You'll get an automated email saying your order status has changed to shipped and will include a tracking number..

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
That's how I roll too! Finally I see this cheaper than smoking thing people are talking about!
I think it equates out to about $0.50 for about 4 -5 packs worth. If I bought my juice store bought, i do buy some, I wouldn't be able to afford all this hardware (have too much)

But then again I waste as much juice as I use, or give it away

Last edited:

spk99

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
The B-Lo
Rip trippers
Hana Modz Clone Lawsuit: http://youtu.be/aE8HdQhTO8s

He doesn't seem to know he's reviewing the test /sample model. Illvapes failed to mention that? He is known to be a bit of a clone hater.

Must be nice to have free stuff sent to you so you're not spending your hard earned cash. Pretty easy to hate on clones that way.

Oh and really, he's whining about having to press the fire button twice or of sleep mode?

"peel me a grape" - Rip Tripper

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
/rant begins/

Though I'm still pretty much a fan of Rip Trippers on clones he is a know hater period which I don't agree. Now all I can afford are clones since I'm retired, on a fixed income and buy what I can afford. If it works I keep it if it doesn't I don't but sell it, trade it or give it away. Now I ordered one of these because first and foremost the price of a Hana mod is outrageous. All they make is an aluminum box and wire in another companies chip as well as wires, fittings and even the parts including the connections. Now a company in China builds a chip set that does what a DNA 30 does and puts it in an aluminum box like Hana does and sells if for $70 instead of the highly over priced Hana mod, never mind that Hana can't get the demand filled nor even the customer service that even a China company can. So in closing Rip Tripper can cry a river on this but he like most just don't like clones while others like me would be still smoking instead of vapping if we hand to depend on the high priced stuff out there.

/end rant/

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Lol that video actually entertained me, i mean seriously, how many edits are there? Like 500 (thats high even for him)?

Also my clone has not left my hands in 3+ days, my mechs are quite lonely.:vapor:

Oh and one thing that did bother me that he said and didn't back up was the over heating problem he described. It it only took 3 to 4 hits then he should of showed how it showed it over heating.

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
Oh and one thing that did bother me that he said and didn't back up was the over heating problem he described. It it only took 3 to 4 hits then he should of showed how it showed it over heating.

That's what happens when you base your reviews on "feeling" rather than using hard numbers.

If it was such a huge problem, a proper reviewer would have started documenting it. How many times as well as how often it happens, and if it's a huge problem it should be easy to duplicate the problem. He just "feels like" it does it more often than a Hana.

Ditto for the "I feel like I get a longer vape from the Hana" without actually documenting it.

This review wasn't anything that could be remotely called objective. He didn't want to like the clone because it's a Hana clone, and so he made sure to find reasons to not like it, even if he couldn't document it with solid evidence to back up the feelz.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
That's what happens when you base your reviews on "feeling" rather than using hard numbers.

If it was such a huge problem, a proper reviewer would have started documenting it. How many times as well as how often it happens, and if it's a huge problem it should be easy to duplicate the problem. He just "feels like" it does it more often than a Hana.

Ditto for the "I feel like I get a longer vape from the Hana" without actually documenting it.

This review wasn't anything that could be remotely called objective. He didn't want to like the clone because it's a Hana clone, and so he made sure to find reasons to not like it, even if he couldn't document it with solid evidence to back up the feelz.

Agreed but then I have only listened to him on some of his coils and often disregard his RBA/RDA and mod reviews going more for a Phil Busardo or someone giving hard numbers or standard use of the item and not pushed to the limits.

Zamazam

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
Midwest USA

Exactly, While my clone has some quirks, at least I didn't pay $250 for an aluminum box with a dc/dc rectifier chip with a display. Trippers hate clones, eh big deal. I don't get thousands of $ in high end mods and atty's for free, so Trippers is just a disingenuous shill being paid with free vape gear IMHO.

Yep, I like my clone. It's ill as mammary glands!:p

On a side note, I vaped a .75 Ohm build this afternoon, a .4 Ohm Build, a .5 Ohm build at 30 watts and didn't have any thermal shutdowns nor errors of any kind on the mod. :D

Last edited:

Zamazam

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
Midwest USA
Rip doesn't have a problem with clones, he has clearly said that. What he has a problem with is clone makers using other people's logos and I think that's fair enough.

I don't like clones with other companies logo's either, but watch some of his earlier videos. What Trippers states now isn't what he said earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread