The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Cloupor 30W Box Mod OWNERS thread

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by spk99, May 23, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Solomon7

Solomon7 Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    P-town, OR
    So I've bought an authentic CLoupor from Elev8 Vape. They say it's the newest version. It has a gold 510 with an adjustable center pin.
    I've contacted Cloupor and they say Elev8's are authentic.
    The weird thing is I can't get the volts to flash, say at 9 watts with a .7 atty. Just ohms flash. Makes sense, I guess. raise watts till ohms don't flash.
    My other Cloupor will run a 2.2 atty at 9 watts just fine at 4.4 V.
    This new one flashes ohms at 9 watts till I raise it to 9.5
    I don't get it. Following Ohms law it should run 9W on a 2.2 just fine. iT'S WELL ABOVE THE MINIMUM 4v.
    Does this mean the device isn't regulating below 4.4-4.5V or is it making a wattage suggestionand still regulating till under 4V?
    Why is the ohms flashing????

2. RGLP4Lyfe

RGLP4Lyfe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 29, 2014
    PA
    Ive had my cana from elevate for about 4 months. Going strong! Even tho he doesnt see much use anymore as ive bought a reo lp

My love- Kawa green Reo grand LP w/ TRA Super light door, with TOBH and chuff top!

3. RGLP4Lyfe

RGLP4Lyfe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 29, 2014
    PA
    My display comes on at least a few times a day.. so when i am not going to be using it for a while i take the battery out.

My love- Kawa green Reo grand LP w/ TRA Super light door, with TOBH and chuff top!

4. CurlyxCracker

CurlyxCracker Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2014
    Williamsport, PA
    It's slightly amusing to me we're calling a clone "authentic".

5. Solomon7

Solomon7 Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    P-town, OR
    Me too, but is it still regulating down to 4Volts, even if ohms is flashing? They flash at 4.4 so..............

6. herb

herb Vaping Master ECF Veteran

That is funny isn't it lol.

7. herb

Nowadays i don't care what the dang thing says or flashes , if it's providing a satisfying vape thats good enough for me .

8. mgmrick

mgmrick Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    New York
    Yes I set it to where ever the vape feels good and leave it...... don't really need the screen to tell me what wattage it is set at. Battery has never died before I put it on usb charger every night.

9. Solomon7

Solomon7 Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    P-town, OR
    I don't really personally care either (albeit very much curious) , but would like to know what's going on in the device.
    Mostly I'm wondering why it blinks when it should be able to regulate down to 4 Volts, yet it flashes below 4.4.
    The main reason I am asking is because I'll be giving it to my boss and want to be able to accurately and concisely explain how it works, and why it does what it does. We work closely together and he WILL notice mine doesn't flash with the same resistance as his, but his flashes. Don't want him to think he got a "weird" or bunk unit.
    I thought I could explain all of that, until this new one, hence the questions.

10. Fergie

Fergie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    Toronto, Canada,
    I think it flashes when it can't regulate it and dumps the battery voltage instead. I might be wrong though.

11. herb

Good move , always a wise choice to give the Boss the questionable item , i do the same .:thumb::thumb:

12. Solomon7

Solomon7 Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    P-town, OR
    Actually herb, HE's the one who asked me to buy it for him in the first place and gave me the money and link to Elev8 so............if you don't have anything constructive to add.................I"m trying for info, not misinformed judgements, no offense.....:2c:

ANYWAYS, I've read on another site that others have noticed the unit flashing ohms below 4.4 Volts. Still waiting on Elev8Vape to return my Email's questions, so we'll see.
    Anyone have any familiarity with these changes, specifically the ohms flashing and the gold 510?

13. opensec

opensec Super Member Verified Member

Oct 18, 2014
    Indiana
    Mine arrived this morning from angelcigs, got the last red in stock delivered in 2 days! What to say, been fooling with her all day, I'm in love ...
    [​IMG]

14. v1k1ng1001

v1k1ng1001 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 17, 2012
    Edinburg, TX
    Two things about my angelcigs cloupor:

1. Battery tray became loose. Had to superglue it.

2. Regulation not very consistent when battery is low.

Otherwise, so far, so good.

Apparently elev8 has even newer models with adjustable 510 pin. Focal has KSD models that have improved firing button and go to 35w. Fasttech has Hotcig models that go to 50w, although I wouldn't want to be the guinea pig on these.

15. MrPlink

MrPlink Ultra Member ECF Veteran

All the cloupors start to get wonky when the batt is low.

16. opensec

opensec Super Member Verified Member

Oct 18, 2014
    Indiana
    How have you been having it?

17. diceman1000

diceman1000 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 20, 2014
    Belleville, KS
    Ok guys, I have a Cana 3o coming from elev8, what 18650 is best in these? Flat top or button top? I have an Amazon card and the LG HE2 looks to be the best deal... Will these be ok?

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

18. dwcraig1

dwcraig1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

The LG should be just fine. Generally flat tops are very close to 65 mm long, button tops tend to be longer but not always.
    65 mm long is what fits best, 67 is too long.

19. HDMontana

HDMontana Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2014
    Montana
    Flat tops work perfect in mine as well.

HD

20. Muggs

Muggs Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2013
    CT
    Wow this thread hasn't been used in a while hah? Just wanted to pop in here and say my first batch plain black can is still kicking strong.I have had it since last May. Best mod for the money I have bought to date.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.