Cloupor mini caught fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJAB

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
North Las Vegas, Nevada,U.S.A.
Seriously, go out an buy yourself a TrustFire TR-001 charger. Despite what some people say, it's not a bad charger, just a little slow (which is better for your battery anyhow). I'm convinced, regardless of the serial #, you will fry the board if you charge within or use as passthrough (could be wrong). It may not catch fire, but the board may fry. You can find TR-001 chargers for under $20USD many times.
I agree. I have a Cloupor "Cana" and I've never used the micro usb port, because Cloupor is known for having problems with their on-board charging/pass thru systems frying chips.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md

froginblender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
hollywood, Fl.
This is why I think using a passthrough to charge a device is a bad idea. You're much better off with an external charger and extra batteries. Of course, Cloupour could have done a better job with QC, but charging a device through these onboard charge ports is asking for trouble.

The iStick, for instance, must be charged via an onboard charge port. Haven't heard any reports of fire yet, but it would still make me a bit nervous to use it while it's charging.

Have 2 isticks. First one had fire button issue, then usb port got jammed into housing. (tosed that in garbage).
2nd istick i've had for 4 months, no issues, no breakdowns.
And i have vaped while charging thru it's usb port daily.

I don't see why cloupour couldn't equal that engineering feat.
It's not like their curing cancer

Last edited:

SS stingray

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
Port Charlotte. Florida

Cleaning up...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-forum-rules/51178-forum-rules.html

8. Courtesy
a. Members must be polite at all times. When addressing another Forum user, you will be polite. Courteous discussion is welcome here but heated and abusive argument is not. If attacked you are not allowed to respond in kind. Instead use the Private Message system and try to resolve matters privately and amicably. If problems persist ask for the help of a Moderator.

b. Suppliers cannot post negative material about other suppliers or their products or service or prices, whether they are ECF Suppliers or not.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ml#post4967638

9. Personal attacks
You can disagree with the subject matter of a post, but never personally attack the poster - “Attack the post, not the poster”. Treat people as you would like to be treated yourself: with courtesy.

Last edited by a moderator:

froginblender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
hollywood, Fl.
We'll have none of that here....

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-forum-rules/51178-forum-rules.html

8. Courtesy
a. Members must be polite at all times. When addressing another Forum user, you will be polite. Courteous discussion is welcome here but heated and abusive argument is not. If attacked you are not allowed to respond in kind. Instead use the Private Message system and try to resolve matters privately and amicably. If problems persist ask for the help of a Moderator.

b. Suppliers cannot post negative material about other suppliers or their products or service or prices, whether they are ECF Suppliers or not.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ml#post4967638

9. Personal attacks
You can disagree with the subject matter of a post, but never personally attack the poster - “Attack the post, not the poster”. Treat people as you would like to be treated yourself: with courtesy.

Last edited by a moderator:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Have 2 isticks. First one had fire button issue, then usb port got jammed into housing. (tosed that in garbage).
2nd istick i've had for 4 months, no issues, no breakdowns.
And i have vaped while charging thru it's usb port daily.

Being polite
You are shilling for the iSticks
Even with the limited number of SINGLE BATCH defects in the Cloupor mini - the Mod has produced FAR less FAILURES than the iStick 20
No additional Mini Batches are showing any signs of having ANY inherent issues.
Again, the iStick 20w is unchanged and plagued with issues requiring a full remodel of the circuitry and Build to correct through the iStick 30w and 50w

Not sure why you, who have no Mini and might have gotten an excellent Mod, are so bent that one Manufacturer is superior to another while knowing BOTH have had their share of issues.

Answer me this:
How many customers have gotten iStick 20w mods replaced for stripped 510 connectors?
How many customers have gotten replacements because the 20w does not Regulate properly?

This is not a contest. This is me telling you Both manufacturers have had issues and Customer Service also plays a roll in getting what you expect.

* also a hint - Boards are bought not built. The miss was in QC testing not their design*
Even Evolv has released defective DNA chips with Flaking screens:)

froginblender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
hollywood, Fl.
did you not read this from me:
First one had fire button issue, then usb port got jammed into housing. (tosed that in garbage).
how's that shilling.
So sensitive in here....sad...

Being polite
You are shilling for the iSticks
Even with the limited number of SINGLE BATCH defects in the Cloupor mini - the Mod has produced FAR less FAILURES than the iStick 20
No additional Mini Batches are showing any signs of having ANY inherent issues.
Again, the iStick 20w is unchanged and plagued with issues requiring a full remodel of the circuitry and Build to correct through the iStick 30w and 50w

Not sure why you, who have no Mini and might have gotten an excellent Mod, are so bent that one Manufacturer is superior to another while knowing BOTH have had their share of issues.

Answer me this:
How many customers have gotten iStick 20w mods replaced for stripped 510 connectors?
How many customers have gotten replacements because the 20w does not Regulate properly?

This is not a contest. This is me telling you Both manufacturers have had issues and Customer Service also plays a roll in getting what you expect.

* also a hint - Boards are bought not built. The miss was in QC testing not their design*

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
did you not read this from me:
First one had fire button issue, then usb port got jammed into housing. (tosed that in garbage).
how's that shilling.
So sensitive in here....sad...

Yes, read that...............And this in the same post:

So you understand, I am not a Super Cloupor Fan.
I have no use for their other mods in particular. My favorite Regulated at the moment is the IPV mini 70w which is clearly a more useful mod than the mini 30 or an iStick 30/50w for my needs.(Personal choices)
That said, the Cloupor mini's I own have served me well and are in daily rotation under my Magma's.

I also own and use several other brands of Regulated and Mechanical Mods and see no reason for the Drama you wish to create over a Brand you choose not to use.

SS stingray

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
Port Charlotte. Florida
Yes, read that...............And this in the same post:

I have no use for their other mods in particular. My favorite Regulated at the moment is the IPV mini 70w which is clearly a more useful mod than the mini 30 or an iStick 30/50w for my needs.(Personal choices)
That said, the Cloupor mini's I own have served me well and are in daily rotation under my Magma's.

I also own and use several other brands of Regulated and Mechanical Mods and see no reason for the Drama you wish to create over a Brand you choose not to use.
Well said crexess !! I didn't join this forum to bash brands I never used or tried. Some people just keep beating dead horses .

cricque

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I also have a 0002xx been using it exclusively since 4-5-6 January when I got it. I even ordered a 2nd one
I do use an external charger and only samsung 25r/lg he2 batteries in it subtank with 1.1 ohm coil/orchid with 0.8 dual coil
I used the charging over usb perhaps 1 time or something. I even have ordered another one, which just is sitting there as backup

If my original cloupor lasts another 3-4 months (hopefully longer then this), i'll be happy. I dropped it already numerous times in the car
And 4-5 times it fell out of my pocket already. Still working like a champ

I had/have no intention of using it as a pass through, perhaps there is an issue with it. But how many cases are known for ... Anyway I am very happy with
my mini (thats why i bought a backup), and I can only recommend the device. Also any device will have failures. There is always something that can go wrong
and will go wrong. If it's really 0.2-0.3% with failures, that isn't too shabby at all. Off course if you are just one of those I can understand you are disatisfied offcourse.
But you can have the same with a TV, laptop, tablet etc. The only difference is ... you do not have a high battery draining on those devices, and that might be the tricky
part. Also for a company it is hard to recreate the same conditions as a user. Anyway for me enough about this ... I am happy with mine !

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
If you're an early adapter of some of these devices, you're kind of rolling the dice.

Unacceptable.

As an early adopter of a device, one might expect fiddling and stuff like that......a crooked screen window,, etc. ..............but UNSAFE devices that actually catch fire? No. No. No.

That deserves more than a "shoulder shrug".

Chips catching fire is hardly comparable to a flaking screen.

Safety first. IMHO we must have that expectation!

Last edited:

Fergie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Toronto, Canada,
Well my Yosen Zero fire button stuck on me yesterday, I wouldn't have known until I picked it up by the tank. Hotter than hot, I did fix it but bad things do happen.

As far as the Cloupor Mini I doubt there are any from the 0002 batch for sale and there shouldn't be any more issues with defective boards.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Unacceptable.

As an early adopter of a device, one might expect fiddling and stuff like that......a crooked screen window,, etc. ..............but UNSAFE devices that actually catch fire? No. No. No.

That deserves more than a "shoulder shrug".

Chips catching fire is hardly comparable to a flaking screen.

Safety first. IMHO we must have that expectation!

Calm down. You seem to think the Defect was intentional. Are you or any other Naysayer so naive as to think this was some sort of deliberate act?
Do you think GM deliberately installed faulty ignition switches?
Do you thing Ford expect Bridgestone Tires to explode off a vehicle?

Of course not. We expect these things to be admitted to and corrected. Cloupor has done JUST THAT.

Again you and others keep sounding off as if a Lithium Battery has exploded.
The Board chips on defects go critical and overheat. This causes the Hot glue and thin plastic chip cover to melt.
No units posted show any signs of Flame damage. They are all Painted and no paint damage.
Any momentary Flair up is likely due to to removing the back quickly introducing air to the hot surface.
maybe, just maybe to the point of a birthday candle, but doubtful.

Simply put. Manufacturer made a QC limiting mistake in rush production.
Issue did not show in limited Q.C.
Field issues arose
Manufacturer acted
Defects replaced/refunded
Product updated to correct flaw

Why do we keep having to explain to people that have no interest in, own, or have spent no time investigating the issue?:blink:

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.

My favorite Regulated at the moment is the IPV mini 70w which is clearly a more useful mod than the mini 30 or an iStick 30/50w for my needs.(Personal choices)

I do like my IPV Mini 30W...but it's so big and heavy (compared to my 30W-iSticks).

Thus I'm considering the Clouper Mini because, according to the http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...40761-little-itty-bitty-mods-under-100-a.html. thread, it's the smallest mini mod with a replaceable 18650.

But...I'm hesitating because of its 0.8 second firing delay from Sleep.

Is this firing delay something one gets "used to" over time (or even "forgets about")...or is it a real PIA that you just "put up with" because you like the other qualities (size, magnetic cover) of the CM???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread