Status
Not open for further replies.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
I do like my ipv Mini 30W...but it's so big and heavy (compared to my 30W-iSticks).

Thus I'm considering the Clouper Mini because, according to the http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...40761-little-itty-bitty-mods-under-100-a.html. thread, it's the smallest mini mod with a replaceable 18650.

But...I'm hesitating because of its 0.8 second firing delay from Sleep.

Is this firing delay something one gets "used to" over time (or even "forgets about")...or is it a real PIA that you just "put up with" because you like the other qualities (size, magnetic cover) of the CM???

Its not a major issue to me, though if you are an iStick 30 owner it does take a bit of adjusting to. I just try and to remember to click the button on the way up to my mouth. This wakes the Clouper up, then it's ready to fire. It wakes up quick and does seem to stay awake for a decent amount of time, forget the exact time. If you change tops a lot a more inconvenient issue would be the screw adjusted firing pin, instead of a spring type.

froginblender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
hollywood, Fl.
Unacceptable.

As an early adopter of a device, one might expect fiddling and stuff like that......a crooked screen window,, etc. ..............but UNSAFE devices that actually catch fire? No. No. No.

That deserves more than a "shoulder shrug".

You mean on fire like these?

clopour on fiya.jpg

I don't think this is real, looks like someone may have doused in Gasoline.
Besides, it's only .03% that have had this issue Racehorse, very small number.
Unless you sell 100,000 units, that comes to 3,000 hotpocket mods, that may blaze.:evil:

Mere Bag of shells.......

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
You mean on fire like these?

View attachment 420407

I don't think this is real, looks like someone may have doused in Gasoline.
Besides, it's only .03% that have had this issue Racehorse, very small number.
Unless you sell 100,000 units, that comes to 3,000 hotpocket mods, that may blaze.:evil:

Mere Bag of shells.......

Total estimates indicate approximately - 40/50 units possible failure.
That is from a Batch run of 10,000 NOT a total production run of of multiple batches over months. :facepalm:

This is where Misinformation and total misunderstanding starts. It is as bad as what the FDA practices and lends nothing to educating to fact.

Thanks once again for your Tolling input.

siapaya

Jan 29, 2015
Jakarta, Indonesia
So I'm new to the vape world. Been smoking for 15 years! Last week I decided to quit (I've had 2 smokes in 8 days!) and I bought a cloupor mini. Love it! Except, when I got it, it wouldn't charge. I left it plugged in for like 10 hours, and nothing. So I took it back and found out that you can only use a 1amp charger on these things. Which is fine. But that being said, it literally takes 8 hours to get a full charge from a dead battery!
That being said, I was using it yesterday as it was charging (it has pass through, so use while charging is an option, and it had only been charging for 3-4 mins at the time through a wall outlet-they say not to use the computer for charging), and as I'm taking a hit, all of a sudden I look and see smoke coming out of the USB port and my screen said too hot....so I pulled the charger out and took the battery door off only to find a small fire inside my device...had to run it under water to put it out...yjeu exchanged it no problem, but everyone is saying that they have never seen this issue on this device...does anyone have any advice on the best way to handle the batteries and charges so that I can avoid this from happening again and possibly charge faster? Also, any and all advice appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

JUST EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO ME 30 MINUTES A GO.

I charge the cloupor on USB port. It was charged for about 2 hrs.
I passthrough it about one or two puff every 15 minutes of longer.
The last passthrough went a bit weak but I do not notice any other strange , so I just put it back on my desk ( still USB charging )
3-5 secs later smoke come out from the USB port of the Cloupor strong lingering burnt plastic smell easily noticed.
Then I opened the cover and it shows a light of fire right next to the cloupor seal sticker.
The smoke getting more intense, then I drop it down to a box and pour water on it.
Fire light stopped, but I can still hear some crackling voice.
Then I take the battery out ( honestly I was kinda scared it will somehow blew, because of the trickeling sound )
(By the way, that is my 1st time passthrough on VV mode - 3.6v, usually on VW mode -10w, I wonder if it somehow related )

Then , my less than 2 months old Cloupor now have a hole.

Well, I always proud to have a Cloupor for it's overcharge protection and passthrough feature, but now....

Well, eniwei, just my two cents.

View attachment 419339

View attachment 419340

CM3.jpg

I second this...

CM1.jpg

CM2.jpg

Sorry new post. Cant edit my old post anymore, while I want to complete my cloupor mini adventure.

siapaya

Jan 29, 2015
Jakarta, Indonesia
So I'm new to the vape world. Been smoking for 15 years! Last week I decided to quit (I've had 2 smokes in 8 days!) and I bought a cloupor mini. Love it! Except, when I got it, it wouldn't charge. I left it plugged in for like 10 hours, and nothing. So I took it back and found out that you can only use a 1amp charger on these things. Which is fine. But that being said, it literally takes 8 hours to get a full charge from a dead battery!
That being said, I was using it yesterday as it was charging (it has pass through, so use while charging is an option, and it had only been charging for 3-4 mins at the time through a wall outlet-they say not to use the computer for charging), and as I'm taking a hit, all of a sudden I look and see smoke coming out of the USB port and my screen said too hot....so I pulled the charger out and took the battery door off only to find a small fire inside my device...had to run it under water to put it out...yjeu exchanged it no problem, but everyone is saying that they have never seen this issue on this device...does anyone have any advice on the best way to handle the batteries and charges so that I can avoid this from happening again and possibly charge faster? Also, any and all advice appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

How are you making out with that siapaya? Are they replacing it at no charge?

Nope, I buy new one.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Unacceptable.

As an early adopter of a device, one might expect fiddling and stuff like that......a crooked screen window,, etc. ..............but UNSAFE devices that actually catch fire? No. No. No.

That deserves more than a "shoulder shrug".

Chips catching fire is hardly comparable to a flaking screen.

Safety first. IMHO we must have that expectation!

Other than being made to PRC specs, I think the biggest problem is many vapers are notoriously 'thrifty' and won't pay for well made, well designed and tested devices. I'm sure Chinese companies are capable of making high quality devices, but not at current Fastech prices...

siapaya

Jan 29, 2015
Jakarta, Indonesia
Other than being made to PRC specs, I think the biggest problem is many vapers are notoriously 'thrifty' and won't pay for well made, well designed and tested devices. I'm sure Chinese companies are capable of making high quality devices, but not at current Fastech prices...

Well, not every vapers is loaded, bro.. It's not your problem, I know, but don't make it a problem. Quit smoking is hard enough, being accused because of something we can afford, it's another big punch.

Well, best of luck with the new one, I know I'd be contacting the seller and Cloupor for a refund or replacement.

Cheers mate. :)

After reading your reply, I now send email to them with the pictures. Let see how it goes. Thank you , mate :toast: !!

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Well, not every vapers is loaded, bro.. It's not your problem, I know, but don't make it a problem. Quit smoking is hard enough, being accused because of something we can afford, it's another big punch.

After reading your reply, I now send email to them with the pictures. Let see how it goes. Thank you , mate :toast: !!

Smoking is expensive. A good mod is only the cost of a couple cartons of cigarettes...

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest

Steve I've been vaping for almost 3 years. On plenty of stuff from PRC, not just USA made provaris and REOs. I can assure you that if something blew up, or caught fire, I'd be following up about it, etc.

The idea that stuff blows up, and chips catch fire, and brings barely a shrug from vapers amazes me. It's almost like it's become acceptable or at least predicatable.

I have PLENTY of small appliances in my home and they don't catch fire or blow up.

Fergie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Toronto, Canada,
Steve I've been vaping for almost 3 years. On plenty of stuff from PRC, not just USA made provaris and REOs. I can assure you that if something blew up, or caught fire, I'd be following up about it, etc.

The idea that stuff blows up, and chips catch fire, and brings barely a shrug from vapers amazes me. It's almost like it's become acceptable or at least predicatable.

I have PLENTY of small appliances in my home and they don't catch fire or blow up.

None of mine have caught fire or blown up either, got hot yes I've had that happen with my Super Mini GLV.
However getting them to do anything about it resulted in a lesson on batteries, of which I am well aware. Trouble is they didn't understand what the problem was and ignored it. I just gave up on their products and will never buy another.

We need to document the problem factually without drama etc. send pictures of the defect if possible and then we might get resolution. Send them to the vendor and manufacturer. Busardo was all over the Cloupor Mini and he's got a bit of clout.

I personally feel bad for those with the Mini's that had issues and pretty sure most of us are as well. No shrugs here.

I doubt anyone in these 2 threads is uncaring about those with issues

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013

I think there is such a rush to the market now to beat the next competitor, and price-point, mods are being sold without much in the way of testing or QC. Even Evolv was in such a hurry to get their new chip/board out, the early adopters were basically beta testers. I do think made in PRC does make a difference in these examples because they know there won't ever be liability issues. Too many of one version explodes or catches fire, they change the appearance and name and it goes back on sale. A year or two ago, PRC mods seemed to be of better quality than what is on the market today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread