The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Cloupor mini caught fire

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by Qttash, Jan 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. froginblender
    This message by froginblender has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Mar 28, 2015, Reason: Trolling and disruptive.
    Mar 28, 2015
  2. siapaya

siapaya Senior Member

Jan 29, 2015
    Jakarta, Indonesia

I made an inquiry to cloupor to replace my device because it was caught fire.
    They made quick answer, quick action, and refunded $30 as per my purchase receipt said.
    I actually want them to just send me a new one, though, but howevery, I think it's nice they do the refund, responsively.
    Didnt really expect a company so far away in China will do this type of action. I knew it will not happened in Indonesia.
    I'm still using my 2nd Cloupor Mini till now, and feel more proud of it.

At least now I can say, My Cloupor Caught Fire, but they refund it, easily.

cloupor-report1.jpg

cloupor-report2.jpg

3. cobalt327

cobalt327 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 1, 2012
    USA
    Too bad it melted on you but good to know Cloupor did right by you.

4. SS stingray

SS stingray Super Member ECF Veteran

Seems the minor problem with the Mini is nothing compared with what is happening with the Istick 50. Some users have had phantom firing. One was sitting on a table and the owner heard the 50 w popping like the button was pressed. Wow that would be a scary situation. At least with the Cloupor mini you can remove the battery. This kind of thing will give vaping a bad rep. I hope Eleaf gets on top of this soon. It too maybe a small number but must be investigated ASAP. Check out the Istick thread to read about this...........

5. Mactavish

Mactavish Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    Small number, probably another "million"? :)

6. AnsonJames

AnsonJames Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2011
    IRELAND
    The Istick 50 autofire issue is actually super dangerous. I'll keep an eye on mine,
    I"d recommend that Istick owners remove their toppers if they"re leaving their devices sitting around for any length of time.

I spoke to a vendor the other day and she told me that there are an increasing amount of issues with I50.

7. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I would Extend that to Any Mod.

Or at least give the Atomizer a 3/4 Turn so that it is Not making contact with the Mod's center pin.

8. stevegmu

stevegmu Moved On ECF Veteran

If I have to unscrew a topper from a mod to prevent something which should never happen, perhaps it's time to throw that mod out...

• Like Like x 1
  9. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    It's just Not a Bad Habit to get into.

Because we Don't Live in a Perfect World. And I don't know of ANY Mod that I haven't read about someone having some Problem.

10. Mactavish

Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    Indeed, while I'm big on safety, reason I got a refund on my Clouper 30, taking the battery out all the time was NOT a happy solution. And while I have not as of yet heard of any unexpected firing issues with my lone iStick 30w, I do have some friends with the iStick 50 that I will alert. For now I'll l ave my topper ON, and will continue to turn it off, when I remember. My other two bats besides my mech GG mod, seem a bit underpowered these days, they are the now older iTaste 3.0, maxed at 11 watts.

11. tearose50

tearose50 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2011
    Left coast
  12. siapaya

siapaya Senior Member

Jan 29, 2015
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Mine got the incidents on March 13th 2015. and not the original poster of the thread.

I think we should find IF anybody with another serial number experience the same thing.

For a note, I'm using another Cloupor Mini within the same serial with the one that get burnt ( 000221xx ).

Now I just never charge it onboard, and never passthrough it.

So I'm still a happy vapers because I got one of the cutest and smallest 18650 box mod that can power 0.5 ohm tank.

13. SS stingray

SS stingray Super Member ECF Veteran

I agree 100 %. My mini has got more use than any other mod for me. I will love it until somebody makes a better one. I have no concern with the few reports of a few bad ones in the 0002 batch. I have 2 and the new one is still in the box as a back up. :laugh:

14. Mactavish

Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    :toast:
    You two should get a room.
    :facepalm:

15. tchavei

tchavei Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 15, 2014
    Portugal
    *chuckle*

Regards
    Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

16. tearose50

tearose50 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2011
    Left coast
    My error ---:facepalm: Original post edited. So sorry about that.

I think I'll put a plug/connector cover in that USB connection on the clouper to remind me not to use it. I believe it has been a weak spot by breaking and such on a few of the cheaper vari mods and one of the advantages of replaceable battery mods.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.