Not open for further replies.

brian5470

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2010
Trenton, Ohio, United States
From page 4 of this thread:

Sounds like a similar issue. T6 isn't delivering the goods at the desired setting.

That's what it looks like I may just have to ask Cloupor for a refund and go get a sigelei at least the numbers are okay on it not perfect but okay. I was just really jazzed on this 26650 and the form factor I love it other than it not doing what its supposed to do power wise.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
That's what it looks like I may just have to ask Cloupor for a refund and go get a sigelei at least the numbers are okay on it not perfect but okay. I was just really jazzed on this 26650 and the form factor I love it other than it not doing what its supposed to do power wise.

I just ordered the Sig 100 tonight. I really wanted the Cloupor but after the T5 debacle and now a couple of reports of wonky T6s right out of the gate, I just couldn't do it. I like the single 26650 form factor, the display, the board temp readout, and I think it's the best looking of all the recent high power boxes. My IPV2 feels kind of flimsy and the finish is abysmal. I've only had it for a couple of weeks and it is already scratch all to hell and it's not like I'm rough with it. Cloupor certainly makes a nice enclosure, that's for sure.

dougward1960

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
United States
well i hope the t8s will be a better product. just got notice mine is shipping today so 10 - 14 days it might be here

Attachments

• 10744998_1485470228394377_948100628_n.jpg
    10744998_1485470228394377_948100628_n.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 10743375_1485470265061040_1582251380_n.jpg
    10743375_1485470265061040_1582251380_n.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 31

brian5470

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2010
well i hope the t8s will be a better product. just got notice mine is shipping today so 10 - 14 days it might be here

I wish you the best of luck with the T8. It might actually do better since its doing more step down/bucking instead of boosting. I am pretty sure this T6 has the same chip as the T5 just reprogrammed to 100 watts. Funny I don't recall anyone saying the T5 was not accurate though?

Well, you are not alone. In light of your discovery, I pulled out the volt meter tonight as well.

With a .6 ohm build, it fired 3.5v @ 30 watts (~20 watts), 4.4v @ 50 watts (~32 watts), and a whopping 5v @ 100 watts (~42 watts).

Conversely with the same atty, my Sigelei 50W did 4.3v @ 30 (~31 watts) and 5.4v @ 50 watts (~49 watts).

brian5470

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2010
Well, you are not alone. In light of your discovery, I pulled out the volt meter tonight as well.

With a .6 ohm build, it fired 3.5v @ 30 watts (~20 watts), 4.4v @ 50 watts (~32 watts), and a whopping 5v @ 100 watts (~42 watts).

Conversely with the same atty, my Sigelei 50W did 4.3v @ 30 (~31 watts) and 5.4v @ 50 watts (~49 watts).

Ok so about the same results as I got. the most I could get mine to do was right around 40 watts also at the 100 watt setting. Kinda makes you feel ripped off doesn't it? I mean I paid $109 for mine and I could have gotten something a little cheaper that did more actual true watts!

Oh and I also noticed while I was retesting at the 100 watt setting mine got a little hot spot between the up button and the fire button and shut down after about four pulls.

Last edited:
Ok so about the same results as I got. the most I could get mine to do was right around 40 watts also at the 100 watt setting. Kinda makes you feel ripped off doesn't it? I mean I paid $109 for mine and I could have gotten something a little cheaper that did more actual true watts!

Oh and I also noticed while I was retesting at the 100 watt setting mine got a little hot spot between the up button and the fire button and shut down after about four pulls.

It is a fantastic feeling having your 50W device out perform your 100W device. Well done, Cloupor. Well done indeed.

brian5470

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2010
Anyone know how the cloupor hana Clone 30 Watt box preforms? Is really the first couple I've offered. I planned on swapping a dna40 board into it but if it preforms better than these I may not.

I have heard that the latest version of the 30 watt Hana clone is rock solid.

PapaGeno21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
RI
I have two of the Cana mod 30's and the first one was a first run so has all the bugs, but still works fine. My other one is a V3 which has all the fixes and works great minus the 510 being crooked. I already took apart the first one and I have two Varitube 510 connections in 22mm wide flavor coming on Monday to replace these crap 510's and once that is done I think they will be awesome.

Sorry to hear you guys are having issues with the T6, once that dude who made the video said he was not getting what felt like an actual 100 watts I was glad I went ahead and bought the Sigelei. I guess the T6 chip just does not have enough boost to actually put out the proper wattage. Does not shock me, if it was properly boosting no one would be getting these semi decent run times. But when you are only boosting a 26650 to a hair under 5V no wonder these things are lasting a while.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
All the chip are 100% made/designed by Cloupor. Not sure about the T3 but the T5, T6 and T8 are.

Yeah, thats the one negative i just can't seem to get past.

I would assume the T5 was as well, as they are the ones who made the update which in turn fried/destroyed so many mods...

They just don't know how to properly make chips it seems.

I think it's pretty obvious actually , granted they had zero experience before jumping in head first with cloning a DNA 30 so it's tough to really give them hell but they should have noticeably improved and figured things out by now.

Even some new Cloupor DNA 30 clones exhibit crazy behavior not yet corrected by them so no surprise people are getting impatient.

rusirius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2014
DE
I would love to compare it to a working T5. The only reason I'm not too ...... about this box is it still gives a pretty good vape with a 26650. I would suggest anybody to not buy one though, and let Cloupor figure this one out.

I have and use a T5. Up until just recently it was my "go-to" mod. I loved the darn thing. I've run the 75w update since the released it. FWIW, there wasn't actually a problem with the update. It worked exactly how they wanted it to. The "problem" with fried mods were people not respecting the 10A limit the wiring inside has. Now granted, they should have limited it in software to not exceed it, but I dunno.... It's kinda like a redline on a high end sports car... If I run it down the road and never shift out of 1st gear, do 4000RPM above redline and the motor blows on me, can I really say it was all their fault for not putting a rev limiter on it? Maybe, but I dunno... I just have a hard time with faulting them on it.. If I know my engine is only capable of turning at 8000RPM, then I'm not going to exceed it.... *shrug* Anyway, the ones that "fried" their mods were the ones running super low ohm builds and cranked it to 75 watts as soon as they completed the update. I run mine at 75 watts often and have no problems with it at all. But when I do I never do so on a build under about .8 ohms... So I never exceed the 10A limit.

As for the comparison, to be completely and totally honest, I can't remember now, but when I first got it I did do some tests on the wattage output. The reason I did was because it seemed so much "smoother" than other mods at the same wattage. It still hit like a freight train, yet it just seemed very "smooth"... Can't really describe it right... Anyway, I used an inline voltmeter because I wanted to make sure it was actually outputting what it said it was and I don't remember exactly what the figures were, but if they weren't accurate I would certainly remember.

So I'm guessing the T5, or at least my T5 doesn't have that problem. On the other hand, that test was also done before the firmware update which "improved battery life", so it's possible something was changed then. If I get a chance I'll have to test it now with the update and see if it's still accurate.

It sucks that the T6 and T8 are so far off... I was actually eyeing the T8 pretty heavily until seeing these reports.

dougward1960

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
United States
I have and use a T5. Up until just recently it was my "go-to" mod. I loved the darn thing. I've run the 75w update since the released it. FWIW, there wasn't actually a problem with the update. It worked exactly how they wanted it to. The "problem" with fried mods were people not respecting the 10A limit the wiring inside has. Now granted, they should have limited it in software to not exceed it, but I dunno.... It's kinda like a redline on a high end sports car... If I run it down the road and never shift out of 1st gear, do 4000RPM above redline and the motor blows on me, can I really say it was all their fault for not putting a rev limiter on it? Maybe, but I dunno... I just have a hard time with faulting them on it.. If I know my engine is only capable of turning at 8000RPM, then I'm not going to exceed it.... *shrug* Anyway, the ones that "fried" their mods were the ones running super low ohm builds and cranked it to 75 watts as soon as they completed the update. I run mine at 75 watts often and have no problems with it at all. But when I do I never do so on a build under about .8 ohms... So I never exceed the 10A limit.

As for the comparison, to be completely and totally honest, I can't remember now, but when I first got it I did do some tests on the wattage output. The reason I did was because it seemed so much "smoother" than other mods at the same wattage. It still hit like a freight train, yet it just seemed very "smooth"... Can't really describe it right... Anyway, I used an inline voltmeter because I wanted to make sure it was actually outputting what it said it was and I don't remember exactly what the figures were, but if they weren't accurate I would certainly remember.

So I'm guessing the T5, or at least my T5 doesn't have that problem. On the other hand, that test was also done before the firmware update which "improved battery life", so it's possible something was changed then. If I get a chance I'll have to test it now with the update and see if it's still accurate.

It sucks that the T6 and T8 are so far off... I was actually eyeing the T8 pretty heavily until seeing these reports.

i havent heard anything about the t8s being off as they are just starting to ship

rusirius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2014
DE
i havent heard anything about the t8s being off as they are just starting to ship

Oh gotcha... I could have swore I saw someone reference one in here and saying the same thing. I do know that in another thread someone mentioned that Cloupor changed the spec sheet on it. All along it has been spec'd at 14v capable... One of the main reasons I was excited about it since I like high resistance coils at high voltage. But now, even on their website they changed the spec to state that the highest voltage it can output is 7.6v... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread