IK5hLic.png

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
here we go again:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Do ever feel like Asking people like these Talking Heads... "Ya Know, Regular Cigarettes aren't Flavored. How'd that work out for Stopping kids from Smoking?"

Not in favor of Youth vaping. Not at all.

But at what point do Adults Acknowledge that some Teens are going to try things? No Matter what the FDA does.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Do ever feel like Asking people like these Talking Heads... "Ya Know, Regular Cigarettes aren't Flavored. How'd that work out from Stopping kids from Smoking?"

Not in favor of Youth vaping. Not at all.

But at what point do Adults Acknowledge that some Teens are going to try things? No Matter what the FDA does.
I was one of those kids and I had great parents. Nothing short of a ball and chain could have stopped me. Most of my friends were the same way and we were actually good kids.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I was one of those kids and I had great parents. Nothing short of a ball and chain could have stopped me. Most of my friends were the same way and we were actually good kids.

It just becomes Tiresome to hear these Tug at the Heart Strings pieces in the Media making it sound like all the FDA Needs to do is Wave their Magic Wand and Teen vaping will go away.

The Media knows this Won't Happen. The FDA knows it Won't Happen. And We know it Won't Happen.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
It just becomes Tiresome to hear these Tug at the Heart Strings pieces in the Media making it sound like all the FDA Needs to do is Wave their Magic Wand and Teen Vaping will go away.

The Media knows this Won't Happen. The FDA knows it Won't Happen. And We know it Won't Happen.
Save the kids is nothing but a lightning rod for the companies and government to get people on board with their agenda.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
BTW - Here is something I posted in another CNN Thread awhile back...

A couple of things to Consider...

We don't know the Context in which Mr. Story made that statement. It is a Time Honored Technique to take a Quote from someone and then Surround it with the Context an author would like to convey.

Also, If you are approached by a Media Outlet with a Long History of presenting Skewed, Biased, Half-Truths about e-Cigarettes, are you going to say Anything that is going to Help/Support them in their Crusade against e-Cigarettes?

Remember, when Flight MH370 went down, CNN were the one's who Supported the idea that Fire was the cause by showing a cartoon image of a Wooden Box with the words "Caution: e-Cigarettes Inside" across it.

And now they're coming after drippers.......Monday morning junk science edition

I Don't Value CNN's Journalistic Integrity any Less Now than I did before.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
It just becomes Tiresome to hear these Tug at the Heart Strings pieces in the Media making it sound like all the FDA Needs to do is Wave their Magic Wand and Teen Vaping will go away.

The more they talk about it, the more kids hear about it and want to try it...rinse repeat, when the FDA cracks down and destroyes the market, the average person will feel that it is totally justified. They have been hammered with hit pieces on possible harmful ingredients, marketing to kids,exploding batteries, kid appealing flavors, and these disinformation campaigns come at the public from many sources. There really is no balance to the current onslaught against vaping. Some days it just feels like a giant slam dunk against us... :(

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Cookeville TN
BTW - Here is something I posted in another CNN Thread awhile back...

And now they're coming after drippers.......Monday morning junk science edition

I Don't Value CNN's Journalistic Integrity any Less Now than I did before.
I believe Smerconish is going to have a vaping advocate on his CNN show later this morning. Like you were mentioning about context, if you present both sides, anyone can take the one side out of the context of the whole to smear an individual or a network.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I believe Smerconish is going to have a vaping advocate on his CNN show later this morning. Like you were mentioning about context, if you present both sides, anyone can take the one side out of the context of the whole to smear an individual or a network.

If someone Only gives you One Side of a Story, then they are Not giving you News. They are Giving you Commentary.

And that is why I am Turned Off be many "News" Shows/Networks. It's their 24/7, Goebbels-esk, Force Feeding of Commentary under the Guise of it being "News".

It's Ironic in a way How one of the Topics of the Week is how Facebook has allowed it's Platform to be Subverted so that FB Members can be Swayed to One View or Another. But many/most of the People who are Reporting this "News" are doing the Exact Same Thing.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It's CNN so I couldn't watch. I'm afraid that I always worry one of the "Double mint twins" (Rachel Maddow and the white haired dude, forget his name) is going to reach out of the television and choke me until I "understand" their take on whatever "issue." (I mean understand in their context, non mine). I've already lost a fair amount of brain cells, I'm sure.

I'm equally sure I'd be dismayed and distressed about all the information, but just from the title, it sounds like exactly what I've heard before, and gotten up in arms about (possibly with slightly different journalistic issues.)

IDK what happened, when I was in HS and college the main agenda was "think critically." Of course, I'm not sure takes a journalism degree to do what CNN does etc.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I read some. And no, he doesn't have a journalism degree, although I find his connections and some of his internships scary. LOL. I guess that was uh, sad about his brother and everything.

I still find him vaguely reptilian, doesn't surprise me a bit that he was a model, LOL. They all (except for the fitness models, or the "fat" ones or "plus sized" or "actually person sized" or whatever they are calling it these days) look like they had rickets as a kid and whatnot.

So, interesting I guess and at some point I'm quite sure he may have been educated to "think critically" (only maybe he took the "critical" more literally, perhaps, is the only explanation I have) for his antics. Etc. But I'm not a fan, and I'm sure there are those who are. I always enjoyed it when those two "hosted" the debates (oh, except for Gary Johnson, I think he got someone "less important) for the presidential primaries AND the general debates because it always meant more ad hominem attacks which is pretty much the only attack you can make when you ask a direct question and the politician comes out with their "talking points" neatly avoiding the question altogether, which seems to occur with most "contenders" I can think of, as heaven forbid answering a question factually.

They're still always gonna be the "Doublemint" twins to me, LOL.

Anna

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I haven't looked at the story but I bet there are no statistics, just guessing. One problem for these tax addicted folks is the parents are not the ones in anguish. May be that's because they are relieved their kids aren't smoking. The really interesting news will be how many fewer kids are not smoking in the places where this fad is hot. What goes on in a particular highschool can rarely be generalized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread