Co-inki-dinki - or should I be concerned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Hi all,

To make a long story short, (I hope!) after smoking for decades, I went cold turkey on 4/16. I made it 10 looooong days without killing anyone. ;) Instead of going back to analogs, I discovered GreenSmokes. (I know, I know, but they saved me!) I was very happy with them, but soon learned of ECF and V4L. Ahhhhh, I thought I was in Heaven! The GreenSmokes were like M&M's, while the V4L was Godiva Chocolates.

But.... (you knew there'd be a 'but' in there, didn't 'cha?) ..... the first night after falling in love with V4L, I'd be waking up in the middle of the night with severe tummy cramps. (ouch!) So the lovely people on the V4L forum suggested I up my water and try all VG. For 4 days, while waiting for my VG juice to arrive, I was still having a lot of stomach pain and not sleeping. The day the VG arrived, I instantly filled my blank cartos, and let them sit overnight. The next morning, I was doing a happy dance ..... until...... Yep, I woke up in the middle of the night and ... er .... um .... well, let's just say I lost 5 pounds - instantly. OMG!

So, I've stopped using my V4L's until I start to feel better. It's been 5 days and my tummy is a little better, but my chest still feels very congested and heavy. Gosh, I'm coughing like a smoker all night long. :( This didn't happen while using the GreenSmokes for a month, so is it just a very strange coinkidinki, or should I be worried. Apparently the V4L juices don't agree with me. Has this happened to anyone else? I'd rather not make a doctor's appointment, especially if you all tell me (*fingers crossed*) not to worry and this will clear up in a few days? Maybe? Pretty please? :confused:

Thanks for any help,
Wintering

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida
Instead of VG juices maybe try PG juices. I cannot use VG it is too heavy in my lungs. I just recently changed over to all PG and now I am breathing much better. As for the tummy I never have that problem just the breathing problem from VG. Try drinking alot more water. I am sure someonen will know about the cramps and give some ideas on that too.

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
Have you tried juice (other than GreenSmokes) that you did not get from V4L? Nothing against V4L but I have had it where I can not vape a certain vendors juice without getting very sick. Not stomach problems but huge respiratory problems. Some ingredient other than PG or VG in their juice.

I'm sure you know you will be told you should probably go see a DR. to rule out anything serious.

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Instead of VG juices maybe try PG juices. I cannot use VG it is too heavy in my lungs. I just recently changed over to all PG and now I am breathing much better. As for the tummy I never have that problem just the breathing problem from VG. Try drinking alot more water. I am sure someonen will know about the cramps and give some ideas on that too.

Hi flbutterfly1,

Thank you so much for your comforting words. May I ask... when you say you switched to "all PG", does that literally mean 100% PG? From the Vapor4Life website, I received (at least I think I did) some that was 80/20, 70/30, (with cramping & dryness) and then all VG. (which pushed me over the edge) Ha, I'm drinking my brains out, trying to flush out my tummy & lungs. (pee much, ha!) After trying the 100% VG it feels like I've got two bricks on my chest. Is that what happened to you? How long did it take to feel normal-ish again?

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
Hi flbutterfly1,

Thank you so much for your comforting words. May I ask... when you say you switched to "all PG", does that literally mean 100% PG? From the Vapor4Life website, I received (at least I think I did) some that was 80/20, 70/30, (with cramping & dryness) and then all VG. (which pushed me over the edge) Ha, I'm drinking my brains out, trying to flush out my tummy & lungs. (pee much, ha!) After trying the 100% VG it feels like I've got two bricks on my chest. Is that what happened to you? How long did it take to feel normal-ish again?

I'm not flbutterfly1, but, yes, that is how I felt when using 100% VG juice. I can tolerate a mix of PG/VG, but maybe you can't. I'd try a 100% PG from a different vendor if I were you, and if I didn't start making a least some improvement in how I felt rather quickly I'd be making an appt with an MD. Respiratory issues (heavy chest) and GI stuff like you're describing isn't something to mess with or ignore.

Just my :2c:
Jan

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Have you tried juice (other than GreenSmokes) that you did not get from V4L? Nothing against V4L but I have had it where I can not vape a certain vendors juice without getting very sick. Not stomach problems but huge respiratory problems. Some ingredient other than PG or VG in their juice.

I'm sure you know you will be told you should probably go see a DR. to rule out anything serious.

Hi skydragon,

Thank you so much for your reply. (love your screen name, by the way!) Yes.... my very first attempt with e-cigs was with a cheapy brand (PureSmoke) at my local smokeshop. (while thinking of quitting analogs) I had no tummy or breathing trouble with them. (like the GreenSmokes) I also had a very quick attempt with WhiteCloud. (and promptly sent them back) They didn't bother me physically... but financially, they hurt like heck!

So to answer your question.... with 3 other vendors, I was just fine - but the Vapor4Life is making me sick. (is that "normal" for some people?) I've actually been looking into TastyVapors and Virgin Vapor Juices. But, my first priority - is to be able to leave the house, and breath!

Oooooh, your siggy suggests Backwoodsbrew ... perhaps I should check them out? I love the V4L Batteries, so I'm thinking of finding a juice that agrees with me, eh?

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
I'm not flbutterfly1, but, yes, that is how I felt when using 100% VG juice. I can tolerate a mix of PG/VG, but maybe you can't. I'd try a 100% PG from a different vendor if I were you, and if I didn't start making a least some improvement in how I felt rather quickly I'd be making an appt with an MD. Respiratory issues (heavy chest) and GI stuff like you're describing isn't something to mess with or ignore.

Just my :2c:
Jan

Hi curiousJan,

Thank you so much. Yep, with 3 previous (icky-free) attempts with other vendors, perhaps it's just the V4L juice that doesn't agree with me. :( I've actually tried finding out what the ratios are - but everyone is rather tight lipped! ;)

I've been "off" the V4L for a few days, so I do notice some improvement. But it's never fast enough, eh?

Thanks again. Ohhh, may I ask what juice you prefer?

Wintering

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Lots of people complain about upset stomach when switching to vaping. They say that it tends to loosen up the system at first and causes frequent trips. They report that it passes (no pun intended). I didn't have that problem.

Hi DaveP,

Thanks! Yep, I agree... when I got off the analogs for those 10 frozen turkey days .... I was a little... er, um... bothered. (had to ease up on the cheese!) But, nothing like this! It's been almost 2 months, so I'm kinda / sorta thinking it's the new juice that hates me. :(

Play on! (oh, did you see today's google doodle?)
Wintering

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
Hi curiousJan,

Thank you so much. Yep, with 3 previous (icky-free) attempts with other vendors, perhaps it's just the V4L juice that doesn't agree with me. :( I've actually tried finding out what the ratios are - but everyone is rather tight lipped! ;)

I've been "off" the V4L for a few days, so I do notice some improvement. But it's never fast enough, eh?

Thanks again. Ohhh, may I ask what juice you prefer?

Wintering

Nope, never fast enough ... but if you're feeling better, that's a good thing indeed!

V4L liquids never gave me much trouble, but other vendors have. And although it really does sound like you're VG-sensitive, remember too that it could be some other aspect of the liquid causing your issues. I've been told before, though never directly by V4L, that their liquids are Dekang and some people have serious issues (just like you're describing) with Dekang liquids.

Since encountering serious stocking issues at V4L, I've been buying my juice from Velvet Vapors. Kat has amazing flavors and can mix to your request (PG/VG ratio, that is) if I'm not mistaken. I do the Velvet Blend which is a mix of PG and VG, but I'm fairly certain that she has a 100% PG offering for her mixes. I will warn you that she's not the cheapest around, but her flavors are beyond compare to anything/anyone else that I've tried. You'll have to go to the site, Velvet Vapors - Home, but she has a page describing her attitude toward her liquids and how she goes to great lengths for natural and organic ingredients.

Uhm, I wouldn't recommend the ginger though if you're having issues. I LOVE ginger, but vaping it sends me into some serious coughing fits. ;)

Jan

ETA: Oh, and I'd avoid the Velvet Vanilla at least for now too ... vanilla is another that can cause me to cough a bit (even though I love it and vape it every chance I can :) )

Last edited:
it happened to me too about 2 weeks in- and lasted for a good little while-

I get mostly PG juices now- and its not as bad- occasionally I will have an issue. But I think thats me going back to being 'not normal' :)

Sometimes I get a trade that has alot more VG in it, and can tell, both with a little more coughing- (had a sinus infection lately, so I've been doing my fair share) and with stomache issues-

I prefer vaporbomb and Tasty vapor- I have a few DIY's that I do, and like-

I have also noticed that since I settled into just a few flavors it happens less and less, SO- I think maybe it might be something thats in a few of the flavors in the juices.

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
I have also noticed that since I settled into just a few flavors it happens less and less, SO- I think maybe it might be something thats in a few of the flavors in the juices.

Yep, yep, yep ... aside from PG/VG ratios and reactions, we can't forget that there could be particular flavors that some are sensitive to, as well.

Jan

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
Hi skydragon,

Thank you so much for your reply. (love your screen name, by the way!) Yes.... my very first attempt with e-cigs was with a cheapy brand (PureSmoke) at my local smokeshop. (while thinking of quitting analogs) I had no tummy or breathing trouble with them. (like the GreenSmokes) I also had a very quick attempt with WhiteCloud. (and promptly sent them back) They didn't bother me physically... but financially, they hurt like heck!

So to answer your question.... with 3 other vendors, I was just fine - but the Vapor4Life is making me sick. (is that "normal" for some people?) I've actually been looking into TastyVapors and Virgin Vapor Juices. But, my first priority - is to be able to leave the house, and breath!

Oooooh, your siggy suggests Backwoodsbrew ... perhaps I should check them out? I love the V4L Batteries, so I'm thinking of finding a juice that agrees with me, eh?

Hi Wintering,

I can't be positive but it sounds like it could be the V4L juice. Again, nothing against them and not saying their juice is "bad" but as I said, I have a vendor who's juice I can't vape and I loved the juice. I guess it just happens sometimes. I don't think you can go wrong with BWB.

Here is a link if you want to read up or ask any questions about flavors.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/backwoods-brew/94181-backwoods-brew-ordering-thread-560.html

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Thank you all so very much! {{{BIG GROUP HUG}}} Gosh, the more I goof around in ECF, the more I'm blown away by all the amazing and wonderful people here!

Okay... deep breath .... get ready to roll your eyes and groan at me.

I'M SUCH A DORKWAD!!!

Y'know what I think it must be? I poisoned myself. BwaaaaHaaaaaHaaaaa, I'm such an idiot! Mensa's gonna take away my membership! But .... *giggles* .... it's all V4L's fault. (you know I'm kidding!) When my 1st order arrived, I was so excited since they sent me a hole bunch a sample carts - all at 36 mgs, of course. (I was an ultra light smoker) I saw coffee - puff puff puff, I saw strawberry - puff puff puff, I saw vanilla - puff puff puff. Well you get the idea (nic overdose) I sampled myself sick. ARGH!!!!

Sooooo, do any of you know how long before I start to feel a little better? I'm slowly making progress, drinking lots of water, etc - but do you think there's something else I should be doing to speed things along? Ha, I wanna feel better so I can try (with GREAT restraint) lots of different juices!

Geez.... I can't believe what a goober I am. (but I'm still gonna try BB and VV!) Thank you all so much!

Wintering

I also got a total nic overdose from my first vaping experience, too strong liquid, I was sick for about 3 days with heavy headache and the ....s, even fever and hallucinations, like aliens at my bed at night.. really bad experience.

Holy hell, hallucinations!? Is that.. normal? for a nic overdose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread