Coca Cola Twist - 50% sucess rate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NestumMel

May 28, 2009
Portugal
Hi,
Just to share my experience with a dead EVO atty. Today it stopped working all of the sudden. A similar thing happened a few days ago with my DSE-901.

Since I had Coca-Cola Twist (with lemon) on the fridge I decided to try to revive them both (EVO and 901 atty) with a bath. After rinsing ,dry and with much schepticism I decided to give them a try and SURPRISE... the EVO vaped nicely. As for the 901 that is definitly a long goner... may it RIP :)

Kind regards

I'm a hardcore Coke drinker. I'll buy it even if it is NOT on sale at the store. (But then again, I'm also a harcore Bawls [high-caffeine guarana soda] drinker too...)

But thanks for the tip on soaking an atty in Coke. But would also seltzer water work? Since there is no sugar or HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) to almost gunk it up, I'm guessing that there is some acidic substance in the seltzer (and I'm talking about the bottled stuff you find in the store, not the kind you take a CO2 cart to a bottle of tap water), and I have a few bottles in the fridge, that it might clean the attys in a similar fashion. But I'm still a newbie, I am just learning about e-cigs...

Cheers,
CasperGhostboy

Shadowdr

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Nashville Tn.
I have found a more advanced way of cleaning using coke. Actually I use Dr. Thunder cause thats what we have but I noticed that it cleaned it pretty well but still it was not clear. After soaking about 30 minutes I pour a little in a cup, remove the atty and take a mouthfull and blow through the little hole. Not hard, just enough to keep a good stream going. Reverse to the other end and blow some that way, back and forth untill it seems all cleared out.

I do it in the sink and you would not beleive the crud that is left inside after soaking. It is at an almost liquid state but still clumps together. While the Dr thunder runs down the drain the clumps stick to the stainless sink. At first it is like pepper spots but the clumps can be rather large after the first few mouthfulls. Agood rinse in water and a few minutes under the blowdryer and she is ready to go again. I think that it takes a while to melt into a goey state before it will come out but just soaking may only let it settle somewhere else. If you use coke, you gotta try this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread