Status
Not open for further replies.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Im so mad i could chew 16 penny's ....for almost 2 months ive worked on my coffee vape it has always turned out ....eeehhhh needs something...to sweet...to bitter...so on and so on well this past weekend I made another 30ml batch and its heaven I love it ...perfection. i kept good notes i got the recipe saved on my laptop all is right with the world..........
On my way to work somewhere in a 30 mile stretch of road my laptop came off the back of my bike and I cant find it:banghead::banghead:

Sent From........my tin foil hat
omg how terrible:( losing the laptop and recipes :facepalm:

hope you found them by now!

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
Okay, fair warning, this isn't about coffee.

For Christmas I got a box of Yogi brand all-organic sleepytime chamomile tea. I have been wanting to make flavoring from it for a while now. Read up on the forums and decided it was worth a shot. Read the ingredients, there are no oils or anything weird added to the tea. There IS valerian extract, which I thought was odd because valerian smells awful and I couldn't smell it. Anyway, this might turn out to be a great bedtime vape.

I have 2 batches going right now, in Mason jars (low on glass at the moment).

The first batch is with 2 bags of loose tea using the coffee extraction method from this thread. After the 10 second nuke, I decided it smelled a little weird, so I started a second batch.

Second batch is 2 tea bags dropped in ~40ml of PG. I filled up my ultrasonic cleaner with hot water, capped the mason jar, and threw it in for a 30 min cycle.

I'll update to let you know how it goes. I might do some coffee extract later.. Just seems too easy. :p

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
Most of my work is done here! Tea extracts are looking good.. Still draining at the moment though.
I'll have to mix something up a bit later!

My two batches side-by-side
Tm8leGml.jpg

And my, what an interesting color...
p4p7SHyl.jpg

They do smell pretty good though. Seems the one I nuked doesn't have that odd smell to it anymore. We'll have to see what happens when I try to mix it!

wizard10000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
midwestern us
just extracted my starbucks houseblend......yummmm mixxed at 10 % and vaped wout steeping to try....good outta gate but i will wait a cpl days to go back to it....prolly when my sweetner flavor comes in mail

Everyone's experience is different but I've found it gets as good as it's gonna get after a week or so.

tumbleweed65

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2012
South Carolina
www.dracovapes.com
I mixed my tea extraction at 3%. Tastes good. Like the tea, it could stand a little sweetener.

Next time I might try grinding the tea before extraction. Should come out a bit stronger. Going to measure how much the extraction yielded and get it into smaller bottles today.
so did the sleepy effect extract also?

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
so did the sleepy effect extract also?

I have no clue. I only vape it when it's nearing bed time.. So it could be placebo, it could be some sleepy effect. The tea never hit me super hard.. But I think it helps, whether it's in my head or not. Plus, it's yummy! I need to make a 0nic mix with this stuff...

Got over 60ml of extract somehow. My 3% mixture tastes stronger than it did yesterday, and way stronger than the day before that. I should have kept it at 2%.

jeapa

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2013
Delaware
I just did my first coffee extraction today. I used a mocha swirl and a Columbian. I used vg and ended up with about 6ml of each. I mixed each of them at 7% with 10 ml of my base. I added some sweet cream, Carmel, and em to the Columbian and used Bavarian cream and em with the mocha. I am going to wait until later today to try them out. They smelled really good.

Thanks a ton to all who have contributed to this thread! I am hoping for a win with these two.

Last edited:

jeapa

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2013
Delaware
I just tried the columbian extract in a boge 2.0 carto on my reo grand and it tastes great! Mucho vapor and just the right amount of coffee flavor with a touch of cream and sweet.

DIY is so awesome! I still love some Kona Velvet Milkshake from Virgin Vapors, but now I have a few more coffee juices that I like so I don't feel as dependent on ordering my juice. Coffee flavors are my ADV with a few minty juices for a change up, so mastering the coffee is a big deal to me!!!

I feel like my vaping experience has really gone up a notch or two in the last week with the reo grand and now finally making a few good juices. Next level- RBA's. :D

Whiplash

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2013
Idaho
Jeapa
I have some PG-coffee extract I made a month ago and it seems fine but I have the same concerns about shelf life.
Here's what I've been thinking about: Set out two bottles (covered but not sealed)with a small amount of extract in each. Add 1% Citric Acid to one and see what happens. Seems that it all depends on how much organic material is in it.
We need a microbiologist.

jeapa

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2013
Delaware
Jeapa
I have some PG-coffee extract I made a month ago and it seems fine but I have the same concerns about shelf life.
Here's what I've been thinking about: Set out two bottles (covered but not sealed)with a small amount of extract in each. Add 1% Citric Acid to one and see what happens. Seems that it all depends on how much organic material is in it.
We need a microbiologist.

Thanks for the reply whiplash. It is a concern of mine as it only takes a very small amount of the extract to make up 10ml of juice and I have enough of the two that I did to make about 120ml which should last me almost a month. I wonder if it would be better to go ahead and make up the juice instead of storing the extract? Do you keep yours refrigerated? I just put mine in my case with the rest of my flavors which is stored in my bedroom closet.

Do you think the 1% citric acid would change the flavor of the extract? I am willing to try it, but I almost think it would be better to just make small batches. I wonder if anyone else has anything experience with this.

Whiplash

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2013
Idaho
Jeapa, I am guessing about the citric acid as a preservative. I use it at 1 or 2% in all my DIY to bring out flavor; really works for me. The only thing I refrigerate is my 100mg.ml nicotine. IMO, mix a big batch and be done with it but If you have the time, try to make something grow in it. The proverbial 'science project' sounds like fun.

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
I can tell you with certainty that any extract made in a PG base will keep in glass bottles or vials for more than a year. VG base, no idea on longevity. I keep all my extractions at room temp in a cabinet and have been using the same exact extractions in my mixes with no flavor degradation. When I do extractions I make around 30-60ml so thats a lot of concentrate to work through, and I have coffees, teas, herbs... all made the same way and all have kept perfectly thus far.

Keep it in glass. Plastic is fine for most but I just dont trust it.

Edit: No citric acid or any other additions used. Dont need em with PG.

Last edited:

FunInAlaska

Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Alaska
i just found this thread and my wife and I are trying our first extraction of coffee right now. I have a couple questions though.

1) is there any concern using flavored coffees based on not knowing what chemicals the roasters use as additives in the flavoring process?

2) would anyone have any thoughts about if this method or a similar one would work on teas, specifically herbal and fruit based teas? I know this is a coffee thread, but figured I would ask. My wife has a few VERY potent teas that we think would make some amazing vapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread