Oregon
Last edited:

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
See what i mean... the search for a coffee flavor with no additives continues. I remember someone was going to try soaking grinds. I guess that can work if I use some micro filters. I really don't want to be killing atomizers. I just don't understand why they need to put coloring in the flavor.

Sorry I (almost) led you in a bad direction on the Lorann coffee! I should have read the bottle, but can't read the tiny print even with my glasses! :rolleyes:

Steve (Puresmoker) posted a list of Bickford flavorings a while back, and listed both their Coffee and the Kahlua as "okay" to use. I have 1 of each ordered and will be here on March 3rd. I'll let you know how those are!

Here was Steve's list that I saved:

Bickford Flavors can be purchased directly from Bickford. See link below to order:
http://www.bickfordflavors.com/onlineordering.asp

Key:
NON-OIL Based Flavors = Green (Good To Go)[Propylene Glycol {PG} and Natural Flavors]
OIL Based Flavors = Red (DO NOT USE)[Soy Oil and Natural Flavors]

Current Flavor List:
Flavor - Item#
Almond – Item #0101
Amaretto – Item #0105
Anise – Item #0102
Apple – Item #0104
Apple Cherry – Item #0106
Apple Cinnamon – Item #0107
Apple Maple – Item #0108
Apricot – Item #0103
Banana – Item #0201
Banana Strawberry – Item #0213
Basil – Item #0219
Black Currant – Item #0215
Black Walnut – Item #0203
Blackberry – Item #0202
Blueberry – Item #0204
Bourbon – Item #0218
Boysenberry – Item #0217
Brandy – Item #0205
Burnt Sugar – Item #0216
Butter – Item #0206
Butter – Item #0226
Butter Almond – Item #0209
Butter Mint – Item #0214
Butter Pecan – Item #0208
Butter Rum – Item #0210
Butterscotch – Item #0207
Caramel – Item #0301
Champagne – Item #0318
Chardonnay – Item #0331
Cheesecake – Item #0310
Cherry Mint – Item #0320
Cherry, Sweet – Item #0302
Cherry, Wild – Item #0303
Chili – Item #0322
Chocolate – Item #0305
Choc. Almond – Item #0311
Choc. Cherry – Item #0312
Choc. Mint – Item #0313
Cinnamon – Item #0306
Cinnamon – Item #0336
Clove – Item #0307
Coconut – Item #0308
Coffee – Item #0309
Cola – Item #0321
Cranberry – Item #0314
Cream Cheese – Item #0316
Crème de Menthe – Item #0315
Cream Soda – Item #0323
Eggnog – Item #0501
Garlic – Item #0703
Ginger – Item #0706
Graham Cracker – Item #0708
Grand Marnier – Item #0707
Grape – Item #0701
Guava – Item #0702
Habanero – Item #0804
Hazelnut – Item #0801
Horehound – Item #0802
Irish Cream – Item #0901
Kahlua – Item #1102
Key Lime – Item #1103
Kiwi Fruit – Item #1101
Lemon – Item #1201
Lemon – Item #1221
Lime – Item #1202
Lime – Item #1222
Malted Milk – Item #1306
Mango – Item #1304
Maple – Item #1301
Maple Walnut – Item #1305
Maraschino – Item #1302
Marshmallow – Item #1307
Melon – Item #2205
Mint – Item #1303
Nutmeg – Item #1401
Onion – Item #1502
Orange – Item #1501
Orange – Item #1521
Papaya – Item #1605
Passion Fruit – Item #1606
Peach – Item #1601
Peanut Butter – Item #1604
Pear – Item #1610
Pecan – Item #1608
Peppermint – Item #1602
Peppermint – Item #1622
Pina Colada – Item #1611
Pineapple – Item #1603
Pistachio – Item #1607
Plum – Item #1625
Praline – Item #1614
Pumpkin – Item #1612
Raisin – Item #1704
Raspberry – Item #1701
Root Beer – Item #1702
Rosemary – Item #1707
Rum – Item #1703
Rum RaisinItem – Item#1705
Sherry – Item #1801
Spearmint – Item #1802
Strawberry – Item #1803
Strawb. Guava – Item #1805
Strawb. Kiwi – Item #1806
Tangerine – Item #1902
Toffee – Item #1904
Tropical Fruit – Item #1901
Van. Butternut – Item #2500
Violet – Item #2501
Walnut – Item #2201
Watermelon – Item #2203
Wintergreen – Item #2202
Pure Vanilla – Item #2600
Dark Vanilla – Item #2700
Light Vanilla – Item #2800
Chlorophyll – Item #2900

Last edited:

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
This may be of interest to you coffee lovers.
coffee flavor extract | Extracts-and-Flavors

It says in the blurb that this has no added sugar or color. As to what else is in it i don't know.

EDIT - just been clicking around the site some more and there is a contact phone number as well.

Thanks UkUsa! :D If I don't like the Bickford's coffee I'll check into this one! I just HAVE to find a good coffee flavor! ;)

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Here was Steve's list that I saved:

Bickford Flavors can be purchased directly from Bickford. See link below to order:
http://www.bickfordflavors.com/onlineordering.asp

Key:
NON-OIL Based Flavors = Green (Good To Go)[Propylene Glycol {PG} and Natural Flavors]
OIL Based Flavors = Red (DO NOT USE)[Soy Oil and Natural Flavors]

Not to question Steve on this or anything, but this seems like a list of water based flavors. Maybe no oil.....but are you sure there's no sugar or coloring in any of these flavors? I think I would double check that first.

Lu

Last edited:

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Also, here is a site with some flavors. It seems they might be somewhat thin because they don't contain PG but if you're mixing it with PG or VG, it should be ok. I haven't tried them yet myself.

Ingredients: Water, Ethyl Alcohol, Natural Flavor (or you can check each flavor if you want).

Nature's Flavors : Natural Flavor Extract

No coffee....but espresso! :)

Lu

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
Not to question Steve on this or anything, but this seems like a list of water based flavors. Maybe no oil.....but are you sure there's no sugar or coloring in any of these flavors? I think I would double check that first.

Lu

To tell you the truth... now I do question that :cry: I remember Tropical Bob saying he uses the Bickford's Kahlua, but don't know about the coffee. Hopefully he will see this and respond. If I get a chance I will try to call Bickford and ask them. :oops: At this point I'm wondering if we should question the "artificial flavors" that many of the Lorann flavors have (what do they make those from?) if we are worried about coloring? It looks like there are several places that have been posted that state theirs are ALL natural flavors? :confused:

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
To tell you the truth... now I do question that :cry: I remember Tropical Bob saying he uses the Bickford's Kahlua, but don't know about the coffee. Hopefully he will see this and respond. If I get a chance I will try to call Bickford and ask them. :oops: At this point I'm wondering if we should question the "artificial flavors" that many of the Lorann flavors have (what do they make those from?) if we are worried about coloring? It looks like there are several places that have been posted that state theirs are ALL natural flavors? :confused:

Probably the only way we are going to know is by calling Bickfords because I can't seem to find their ingredients list (like Loranns) anywhere. I recall now that I was going to order from them too but passed only because I couldn't tell if they had the sugar or coloring in them. Some of the names certainly sound like they do.

If you find out anything, please post and if I do, I'll do the same.

And I know what you mean about the artificial flavorings. Unfortunately, those are in our ejuice too....don't know how we can get away from them.

Edited to add: That link I posted has natural flavors....but again, I haven't tried them myself yet.

Lu

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
Probably the only way we are going to know is by calling Bickfords because I can't seem to find their ingredients list (like Loranns) anywhere. I recall now that I was going to order from them too but passed only because I couldn't tell if they had the sugar or coloring in them. Some of the names certainly sound like they do.

If you find out anything, please post and if I do, I'll do the same.

And I know what you mean about the artificial flavorings. Unfortunately, those are in our ejuice too....don't know how we can get away from them.

Edited to add: That link I posted has natural flavors....but again, I haven't tried them myself yet.

Lu

Lu - Just in case you miss it, I posted this on the "LorAnn candy flavors" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate
The same thing happened with listed ingredients from Barry Farm for me Mixxy. I bought chocolate and grape (I think) because the list of ingredients was fine but when I got them and checked the bottles there were colours :(

It's best to double check ingredients at the LorAnn website even if you're buying elsewhere.

I got mine from the States Pseudo but, sorry, I can't remember how long they took to get here. If it was ages I would have remembered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay gang :rolleyes: You can't trust the Lorann web site 100% either :cry: When I went to buy flavors the 1st time I'd printed off the list that Kate posted for the "okay" flavors. I bought Tropical Punch that was on the list (but hadn't tried it yet.) I just went through ALL of my flavors... and Tropical Punch DOES have coloring listed on the bottle: Red 40, Blue 1

but this is what is listed as the ingredients on the Lorann web site:

Tropical Punch Flavor (Passion Fruit)
Product Number:0500-0100
Kosher Certified. Contains: Artificial Flavor, Propylene Glycol, Alcohol. Soluble in water. Appropriate for use in chocolates and coatings. Not eligible to ship by air.

Guess I'm going to have to take my magnifying glass with me when I go flavor shopping! :mad:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I've used Bickford Kahlua for many months. Love that taste. A veteran poster named Bananadoc, a college professor, used it exclusively.

To tell you the truth, I've never cared if sugar or coloring was present. Not an issue to me. Tobacco has sugar added! And I don't think the amount we would use would carmelize on an atomizer. That atomizer is going to die every 30 days at the rate I e-smoke, no matter what.

You vape, you takes your chances!

Last edited:

Sunshyn

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
CT, USA
www.sblades.com
Bickford's coffee lists Propylene Glycol and Natural Flavors. It's weak, as I found most of thiese but ok.

The list I have in my notes concerning the Bickford's flavors containing coloring is:

Black Walnut -
Burnt Sugar -
Caramel -
Chocolate -
Chocolate Almond -
Chocolate Cherry -
Chocolate Mint -
Irish Cream -
Kahlua -
Root Beer -
Rum Raisin -
Dark Vanilla and Pure Vanilla.

Sorry, I don't recall the poster to attribute it to.

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
I've used Bickford Kahlua for many months. Love that taste. A veteran poster named Bananadoc, a college professor, used it exclusively.

To tell you the truth, I've never cared if sugar or coloring was present. Not an issue to me. Tobacco has sugar added! And I don't think the amount we would use would carmelize on an atomizer. That atomizer is going to die every 30 days at the rate I e-smoke, no matter what.

You vape, you takes your chances!

When I found out that the LorAnn Keoke Coffee did have carmel coloring I was in this total panic OMG... and told hubby that the coffee had coloring in it. He said -- "so what, is that's so bad?" We did kind of have a chuckle about it... after smoking tobacco cigs for 35+ years... it does seem pretty funny to suddenly "worry" about just one ingredient in a flavoring! :rolleyes:

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
Bickford's coffee lists Propylene Glycol and Natural Flavors. It's weak, as I found most of thiese but ok.

The list I have in my notes concerning the Bickford's flavors containing coloring is:

Black Walnut -
Burnt Sugar -
Caramel -
Chocolate -
Chocolate Almond -
Chocolate Cherry -
Chocolate Mint -
Irish Cream -
Kahlua -
Root Beer -
Rum Raisin -
Dark Vanilla and Pure Vanilla.

Sorry, I don't recall the poster to attribute it to.

Thanks for posting those for us Sunshyn! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread