Not open for further replies.

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
Burnt flavor is not from the residue.

Gunk builds up in a Genesis style like an AGA because you are under heating juice. Thus the liquid in your juice is evaporated but the solids are barely burnt, and form gunk. If you are using relatively clear juice, my guess is the juice in the tank is getting darker and darker really fast.

Up the voltage to increase heat on your coil to get rid of the gunk.

As for burnt taste, thats from burning into dry steel. It means your wick is not drawing juice fast enough. Actually, if you get burnt taste even while running at such low power level, it means your wick is very bad. Roll a better one.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I have been trying to prefect my wick and coils but seem to always within the first day get a horrible burnt flavor from the residue on the coils. Any sugestions?

I believe residue on the coil after one day of use can not cause the issue you are having. Much more likely your coil is shorting. A great AGA T thread on ECF is here. It's long, but you won't have to get too far into it before people start talking about your issue.

Best of luck with it and welcome to ECF Krism!

Krism

Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
SF Bay Area
image.jpg
Here is my coil/wick

Krism

Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
SF Bay Area
I believe residue on the coil after one day of use can not cause the issue you are having. Much more likely your coil is shorting. A great AGA T thread on ECF is here. It's long, but you won't have to get too far into it before people start talking about your issue.

Best of luck with it and welcome to ECF Krism!

Thanks ill check it out

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
I am at 2.2ohm 4.6v 6.6 watts on s Evic

6.6 watts on an AGA using mesh wick is like running a Hummer with AAA batteries. Make it at least 9 watts. I almost never go below 10.

Also remember to roll a solid wick. While wrapping coils do not let wire cut into the wick or pull at it too hard, like the top wrap of your coil is now.

Krism

Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
SF Bay Area
6.6 watts on an AGA using mesh wick is like running a Hummer with AAA batteries. Make it at least 9 watts. I almost never go below 10.

Also remember to roll a solid wick. While wrapping coils do not let wire cut into the wick or pull at it too hard, like the top wrap of your coil is now.

Ok I actually tried that method someone on the tread listed above was talking about with the positive wire going around center post then wrapping it around positive wire coming from the wick a couple times and it works like a charm. I am now running it at 2 ohms 4.7V and 11 watts and it vaping awesome now and no gunking up yet:)

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md

All personal preference. you Vape where you like the Vape. I run 1.7 @ 7watts - just my preference

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
All personal preference. you Vape where you like the Vape. I run 1.7 @ 7watts - just my preference

Yep, personal preference. But 2 things:

- resistance/ wattage combo is not a set of relevant info. 1 ohm at 10 watts is the same thing as 3 ohm at 10 watts, as far as vapes go. Even though there is some complex calculation about battery life.

- im willing to bet that your wick isnt very fat and very solid. If 7 watts is enough power for you, that is. On a wick that snugs into the AGA 7 watts heating standard kanthal wire would most likely gunk your coil and/ or give you washbacks.

Personal preference is the technically correct answer to everything. But not always the most helpful, especially to a newbie.

Krism

Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
SF Bay Area
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Here is my new setup. This has the positive tail coming back around the center post and wraps around the positive leg a couple times before clipping it off. This is a great resolution on fixing the hot spot that always forms on these AGA T+.

If anyone has a suggestion on what a good rba would be to upgrade to let me know:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread