Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
Yes ! That's what I'm looking for. But $0,60 a piece......:oops:

I understand but it's still less than half the cost of a new coil. I've used them and they are the exact same size as the OEM. (And I think a little better quality.)

According to Sean (at Lightning Vapes) he will be offering silicon insulators in the near future. The good thing about silicon is that it has a much higher temp rating and will last much longer than the rubber. The bad thing about silicon (from what I've read) is that it is much softer and may cause air flow restriction problems if the clearo is screwed down too tight. I'm going to order a 10 pack when they're available just to try them.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Believe it or not, there is a Canon printer part which is the same.

You can get them on ebay. 4 cents.

Trouble is, I have no link for you.

I found these, but they're about 33 cents each, appear to be silicone -

meAuBmchNGNPIn9r_-V1n6Q.jpg

12 Tube Grommets for Canon HP Brother Epson DIY CISS CIS Continue Ink System | eBay

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Can definitely understand the desire to obtain more of those insulators. Generally, I get old heads from friends who aren't into rebuilding them. I've been able to keep my stash "fresh" with this method. Problem is, quite a few of 'em are moving on to RBAs, so the trickle of spare parts is dwindling fast. May have to break down and buy new heads. Some of the "chimneys" are getting quite loose as well. (Yeah, I've been rebuilding some of them for a while.)

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Can definitely understand the desire to obtain more of those insulators. Generally, I get old heads from friends who aren't into rebuilding them. I've been able to keep my stash "fresh" with this method. Problem is, quite a few of 'em are moving on to RBAs, so the trickle of spare parts is dwindling fast. May have to break down and buy new heads. Some of the "chimneys" are getting quite loose as well. (Yeah, I've been rebuilding some of them for a while.)

If you take a pair of needle nose pliers and gently squeeze the place on the head where the chimney goes, you can tighten them up a little. Not too hard, or they break off, learn from my mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread