Coil noobie and the Kanger dual coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

dleister1981

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
Michigan USA
ok so im tired of getting dry hits off the dual coils so i decided to build my own using old cases, what im doing is a vertical coil, 30g Kbee a1 kanthal 6 to 7 wraps around a 2.5 millimeter screw driver(shooting for 1.3ish ohms) wraping it in Japanese organic cotton and sliding it down in the case then treating it like any other kanger coil build that i've seen. im priming the cotton with juice, plenty at that, so much i need to blow the coil out before i fired it up cause its flooded, setting the i stick to 8w and give her a go.....tastes like crap .... for the first Mil of juice or two, then that starts going away and i start getting the juices flavor to show through. the question is can anyone tell me what im doing wrong, oh an im annealing the wire before i wrap it with a bic, i vape 33% pg juice in fruity flavors, any help, any idea that may point out what im doing wrong would be great, i do re coil my subtank rba and it tastes fine, but im frustrated with this little coil

Last edited:

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
this^^^

plus the coil might be too hot for that little chamber or in one spot. I know it's hotter than the duals you were running. Wrap the coil on a smaller mandrel so it's a bit longer. Try to, don't wrap the cotton on the coil. install the coil clean, then gently tamp shreaded or loose cotton into the chamber around the coil. Easier to NOT choke the coil this way, easier to rewick and allows you to dry burn and work out hot legs and such

Since you apparently have a VV or VW device I suggest you do a little higher ohm or thicker wire or start at a lower wattage and work your way up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread