Coil of different sizes - can they make or break the experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaronHarkonnen

Oct 21, 2019
Israel
Dear forum!

here goes my strange experience:
I’ve been coiling and wicking for years pretty much the same way, and it was kinda ok = I adapted to all the quirks I had.

Recently I built a new coil, but instead of 4mm I decided to make 3.5mm coil. Same wraps number.
Wicked it as I alway do - exact same material, thickness (adjusted to coil diameter of cores) trimming etc.

And wow!
No problem with TC now!
Works reliably, no leakage, I can chain wape the whole tank!

could this one Change in coil diameter choice did the trick???

Or is it a fluke? (Well I’ll find out when I’ll built next coil same way...but still)

best regards
Vadim

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Yes, the size of your coils can make a difference.
As you have found out, it's also a personal experience.

I do 2.5 coils generally, change up now and then to 3. It also depends on which type of coil.

Sounds like you got stuck a while back at a diameter you found works for you, and stopped there.
Play around, you may like other diameters just as well.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Sounds like you got stuck a while back at a diameter you found works for you, and stopped there.
Play around, you may like other diameters just as well.

Absolutely.

I learned Early on in my e-Cigarette journey that the God's of Vaping Favor the Bold.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Recently I built a new coil, but instead of 4mm I decided to make 3.5mm coil. Same wraps number.
Wicked it as I alway do - exact same material, thickness (adjusted to coil diameter of cores) trimming etc.

Changing the diameter and nothing else, still changes the resistance, the mass, the power requirements, and more. Also coil size alters the air flow inside the atomizer since larger coils take up more air space, and smaller coils take up less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread