Coil says 0.4Ω but my box reads between 0.5Ω and 0.8Ω

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
mod’s are not 100% accurate in reading resistance, and prebuilt coils are rarely what they claim to be – they are usually rounded off. Although doubling the resistance does seem a bit strange. Can you verify your build with something else? Another mod, Ohm reader or multimeter.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
When was the last time you thoroughly cleaned the 510 connections?

Have you been or are you over tightening the delivery device to power device?

Are you using a replaceable head type delivery device or an rba of some sort?

Have you measured resistance with a multimeter or ohm reader?

ItzIridium

Nov 25, 2018
When was the last time you thoroughly cleaned the 510 connections?

Have you been or are you over tightening the delivery device to power device?

Are you using a replaceable head type delivery device or an rba of some sort?

Have you measured resistance with a multimeter or ohm reader?
I have cleaned the 510 countless times however, it often says no atomiser found and i have to take the tank out and put it in again. I think the 510 is a bit faulty could this be the cause?

• Informative
Reactions: Eskie

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I have cleaned the 510 countless times however, it often says no atomiser found and i have to take the tank out and put it in again. I think the 510 is a bit faulty could this be the cause?
You would get more helpful answers if to told us what device and tank you are using.

Welcome to ECF btw.

ItzIridium

Nov 25, 2018
Mod’s are not 100% accurate in reading resistance, and prebuilt coils are rarely what they claim to be – they are usually rounded off. Although doubling the resistance does seem a bit strange. Can you verify your build with something else? Another mod, Ohm reader or multimeter.
You would get more helpful answers if to told us what device and tank you are using.

Welcome to ECF btw.
RX300 mod with Aspire Cleito 120 Pro tank

ItzIridium

Nov 25, 2018
If you are over tightening the atty your readings will vary as mentioned above. Would also explain the no atomizer alert. With the screen facing you screw the atty on your RX and look to see where your reading is within .02 of the coils stated resistance.
It says 0 ohms when i screw it in, when i fire it then goes to 0.71 it says 0.4 on coil

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
If you're reading zero ohms when the atomizer is screwed in, do as Letitia said and check the bottom of the atomizer for proper assembly. The center contact should protrude slightly from the threaded 510 connection. If the center connection (usually a slotted screw) is flush with the outer part and the 510 contact in the mod is wide, there's a likelihood of a short when you screw the atomizer onto the mod.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
rude, dont judge me for asking for help

No one is judging you for asking for help. We all needed help at one point or the other, especially when we were new to vaping or new to a problem.

The comment was concerning the other thread..

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
@https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/members/itziridium.339645/,I have an RX200S and bought a heat sink to aid conductivity and absorb heat. You might benefit from one of these if you are experiencing shorts. The link below will take you to my post in that thread. The picture shows the bottom side. The other side has a female 510 thread. You can adjust the penetration of the 510 pin with a set screw in the top and lock in the connectivity. It fixed my issues with heat on the mod case as well as 510 connections mating properly.

This thread talks about the RX200S issues that resemble what you are experiencing.
Do not buy the RX200S!

https://www.amazon.com/Metal-Coolin...1543266658&sr=8-3&keywords=510+thread+adapter

41y2b6elBdL.jpg

Last edited:

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
rude, dont judge me for asking for help
Not judging for this question, using it to,gauge your understanding of vaping.

My point is if this type of information is new to you, you lack the vaping experience to experiment with something as serious as 72mg eliquid. As almost everyone else pointed out, your desire to be negligent with 72mg will be detrimental to the entire vaping community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread