Coil stuck on baby beast tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

vgodbabyy

Apr 17, 2018
I tried taking my baby-t8 cool out of my baby beast tank and it’s absolutely stuck, ive changed the coils before and this has never happened, I’ve tried everything and can’t seem to get it out. Pliers just slide and my hands don’t have a tight enough grip. I don’t even know how I managed this but the outer metal part of the coil actually came off. Idk if I just screwed it on too tight or what but I really wanna get it off soon

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Wash everything really thoroughly in hot water, to get any vape residue off (obviously detach from the mod first). You are now in a situation where I can legitimately recommend one of my favorite vaping tools, get a pair of hemostats. They are narrow enough to fit inside tanks, and you can then clamp them firmly on the (remainder) of the coil, and use all the leverage needed to untwist whatever part of the coil is sitting in your tank.

I've accomplished this task often with "stubborn" coil bits, the amount of leverage is almost perfect, and you don't need to worry about sliding "off" the coil, as you've already "clamped" enough pressure.

I'd be really shocked if you were to fail using this method. It has worked for me 100% of the time (and for other things, too, like helping "nudge" or "stretch" an O-ring into the correct place. They are one of my most versatile vaping tools, although I must say, I always wanted to be a doctor. LOL. Harbor freight will sell you a pair for like 2 bucks, and a medical equipment store will also work (they will be pricier.)

Good luck,

Anna

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
If the coil was cross-threaded at one end of the coil, then the other end probably got crossed too and/or the tank would have leaked a mess. The glass wouldn't have lined up properly on the o-rings.

It might take a set of small or medium channel-lock pliers to get the coil free.

I've also gotten stuck tanks to open up through a bath in isopropyl alcohol followed by a boil in tap water. The o-rings are probably shot.

Celt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2018
USA
When all the "mild" approaches have failed, it may be necessary to take a slightly more aggressive approach:

Apply localized heat-
Skull_welding-1.jpg

Rap gently but firmly -
hammer-in-blacksmith.jpg

Apply a gentle torque motion -
maxresdefault.jpg

Cosmetic or functional damage may occur, but you will have the satisfaction of not letting that damn thing win!

Last edited:

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
When all the "mild" approaches have failed, it may be necessary to take a slightly more aggressive approach:

Apply localized heat-
Skull_welding-1.jpg

Rap gently but firmly -
hammer-in-blacksmith.jpg

Apply a gentle torque motion -
maxresdefault.jpg

Cosmetic or functional damage may occur, but you will have the satisfaction of not letting that damn thing win!
Exactly right!

Reactions: Celt1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread