Status
Not open for further replies.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I have ammit RTA, MTL tank, I'm considering salt nic as I'm still in the beginning of cigarettes quitting. I'm experiencing insomnia ,lack of nic hits while chain vaping on 9mg.
Any feedback is appropriated. For my double edged inquiry ...

I have that rta, but I can’t recall what ohms I built it.

Bottom line, you can use higher nic with higher ohms, but use lower with lower ohms. How much is too much, only you can decide.

I quit a 1.5 pad habit with 24 mg/ml nic in a mtl tank - that was before salts happened.

You might try 12mg and see if that works. I’m not sure how high you’ll want to go in that ammit, as I’m not sure how high ohms a coil you’ll be able to get in it. Someone else may have that answer. But it’s not going to be like a pod, where you could use 30 or 50 mg salts.

Hope that makes sense. I feel kind of ramble-y.

Dukefleed

Apr 6, 2019
with higher ohms, but use lower w
I have that rta, but I can’t recall what ohms I built it.

Bottom line, you can use higher nic with higher ohms, but use lower with lower ohms. How much is too much, only you can decide.

I quit a 1.5 pad habit with 24 mg/ml nic in a mtl tank - that was before salts happened.

You might try 12mg and see if that works. I’m not sure how high you’ll want to go in that ammit, as I’m not sure how high ohms a coil you’ll be able to get in it. Someone else may have that answer. But it’s not going to be like a pod, where you could use 30 or 50 mg salts.

Hope that makes sense. I feel kind of ramble-y.

ppened.

Hope that makes sense. I feel kind of ramble-y.[/QUOTE]
No you're not.
If my coil was >1 salts would work.
That's ok.
But not the exact performance as one would get from a pod system.
Did your experience with 24mg get you satisfaction without the need to chain vape?
What flavour, tobacco caramel/nuts is sickening after a while, so what'd you suggest. .

Reactions: stols001

Dukefleed

Apr 6, 2019
you can use any coil for regular and nic salts
just be careful if you are sub ohming high nic, you can start to get nic sick quickly
Definitely not subbing.. I'm seeking a satisfactory nic vape .. Not cloud chaser ...(at least not for now).
My problem rose from chain vaping which didn't give me the satisfaction yet deprived me from sleep... This is my third night in a row... o_Oo_O

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
My first adv was French vanilla. I do mostly bakery now, some fruits or candy. And yes, 24 was fine, no chain vaping, and I was using a 1.6 ohm coil.

I did quickly drop to 18 mg maybe a few weeks after I’d quit. And I’m mostly at 6 mg sub ohm now, but I have a 1.2 in my Flint with 25 mg salts - not something I could vape all day because I’d get sick, but great for when I can’t vape at will and need to get a dose quick.

And you know, that may not be a bad approach for you, something higher to crush the cravings, and your 9 mg to keep you chill.

Dukefleed

Apr 6, 2019
My first adv was French vanilla. I do mostly bakery now, some fruits or candy. And yes, 24 was fine, no chain vaping, and I was using a 1.6 ohm coil.

I did quickly drop to 18 mg maybe a few weeks after I’d quit. And I’m mostly at 6 mg sub ohm now, but I have a 1.2 in my Flint with 25 mg salts - not something I could vape all day because I’d get sick, but great for when I can’t vape at will and need to get a dose quick.

And you know, that may not be a bad approach for you, something higher to crush the cravings, and your 9 mg to keep you chill.
One last thing,
Are salt nics more potent form for delivering the wanted effect?
You tried both.. Care to share your feedback ?

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
I never noticed a difference, other than salt nics tend to vape smoothly, no throat hit (well, a throat hit because of the pg, not the nic)

but supposedly salt nics work quicker, are absorbed better or something....
I've never noticed anything different other than no throat hit nor pepper taste at higher nic levels like you'd get with regular nic

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
One last thing,

I find salts a little smoother, which is why they’re popular at higher levels.

It also seems to me - and it may just be me - that I feel the effect of salts more quickly than freebase. Seems to wear off more quickly too. But both of those things are rather subtle. Otherwise I don’t think they taste different or anything.

Dukefleed

Apr 6, 2019
I never noticed a difference, other than salt nics tend to vape smoothly, no throat hit (well, a throat hit because of the pg, not the nic)

but supposedly salt nics work quicker, are absorbed better or something....
I've never noticed anything different other than no throat hit nor pepper taste at higher nic levels like you'd get with regular nic
Thanks, respect
Wish me well please in this battle

Reactions: Shadav

Dukefleed

Apr 6, 2019
I find salts a little smoother, which is why they’re popular at higher levels.

It also seems to me - and it may just be me - that I feel the effect of salts more quickly than freebase. Seems to wear off more quickly too. But both of those things are rather subtle. Otherwise I don’t think they taste different or anything.
Thanks, respect.
Wish me well. I'm not going back to tar and burnt papers, fingers crossed

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
Buy a coil jig and make your own coils.Use the 2.5mm or 3mm rod.
Use Ni80 30 awg round wire,8.5 wraps,2.5mm inner diameter.
End result: 1.8 ohm.Heat flux:300mw/mm² at 20W.Throw in 3%(30mg/ml) nic salt juice and set wattage at 13-25W.
If you don't want to use nic salts you can try 18mg/ml free base nicotine.
When making a new coil consult [url=http://www.steam-engine.org/]Steam Engine[/URL]

TylerA

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2019
Alberta, Canada
One last thing,

I think there's a lot of psychological things happening when we smoke or vape. For me, I couldn't do salt nic despite the higher nicotine because I didn't get a throat hit like I do vaping freebase - I got more satisfaction vaping 16mg-18mg freebase than 40mg salt nic ... for reference, I also vape MTL. I know its subjective, but its something to keep in mind.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
you can use any coil for regular and nic salts
just be careful if you are sub ohming high nic, you can start to get nic sick quickly

This has nothing to do with the salts and has to do with the concentration.

I prefer salts with really high wattage vaping - it's smoother.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
I wish you luck with your journey. Keep in mind its as much in your head as it is in dependency. If it was just a nicotine thing the patch and gum would work. There is no magic fix. You just have to find what really satisfies you and make up your mind to stick with it.
You will go through a lot before its over. No different than any drug and lets face it, thats what smoking is. It takes time for your body to rid itself of the effects of smoking. Sleeping, headaches and so on. All the tricks your mind plays on you to try to get back to all those chemicals its been used to. At best, vaping is a band aid on a cut that needs stitches but if you stick with it it will heal. Just find what will work for you and stick with it.
Doesnt matter what level you need to start off. Trust me, you will know when you go to high. I have friends that were satisfied with 6mg and others as high as 36. Everybody is different. If you think you need more nic and you still want the throat hit like a real stinky you can get salts in "hit" form.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
There are differing opinions on whether nic salts are absorbed more quickly by the body or "hit harder" or whatever. I mainly notice the difference as far as smoothness which is what I was looking for when I got here. I will say, yes you can probably go higher with nic salts than regular nic, but I don't know what that will "get you" exactly. You just need to find the right concentration for your body, where you are comfortable and not having a bad time with things.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread