Coil turning brown/black 1 day old

Status
Not open for further replies.

muza123

Feb 14, 2021
I've been vaping out of my new coil today and I noticed my coil is turning brown in 1 day! The flavor is tasting metallic and I make sure everything is full and don't chain vape is it possible to get a faulty coil? (pre-built coil) I also did prime it and even left it for 10 mins to fully soak.
Any help much appreciated hope everyone has a good weekend :)

Last edited:

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I'd say and genuinely mean it kindly - don't overthink things, it really doesn't help, just take it easy and as it comes - maybe try turning up the power a bit for a few puffs then turn it back down and relax... things'll work out as they do! Again I'm not being sarcastic but maybe just maybe that ould metallic taste is just in your head.

Been there, thunk all those thoughts, thought my vape might die etc etc etc...

muza123

Feb 14, 2021
I'd say and genuinely mean it kindly - don't overthink things, it really doesn't help, just take it easy and as it comes - maybe try turning up the power a bit for a few puffs then turn it back down and relax... things'll work out as they do! Again I'm not being sarcastic but maybe just maybe that ould metallic taste is just in your head.

Been there, thunk all those thoughts, thought my vape might die etc etc etc...
Yeah, you're totally right thank you.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Metallic tastes are sometimes due to machine oil on the metal from the machining process. Kayfun atomizers are like that. I usually disassemble and drop new ones in hot water with a drop or two of dish soap and let them soak overnight. A good wash to get the soap out of the atty and it's clean and ready to vape.

Your coils may have some residual machine oil on them. I haven't vaped drop in coils in many years and never had the oil taste. That's usually associated with rebuildable attys.

Last edited:

muza123

Feb 14, 2021
Metallic tastes are sometimes due to machine oil on the metal from the machining process. Kayfun atomizers are like that. I usually disassemble and drop new ones in hot water with a drop or two of dish soap and let them soak overnight. A good wash to get the soap out of the atty and it's clean and ready to vape.

Your coils may have some residual machine oil on them. I haven't vaped drop in coils in many years and never had the oil taste. That's usually associated with rebuildable attys.
Thank you that must have been it I was still getting that metallic taste and I just could not wrap my head around it gave it a good wash let them dry out overnight and good as new appreciate the help. :toast:

muza123

Feb 14, 2021
@muza123, the liquid could contain Sucralose and that kills coils.

That may be another option.

As tried using it for DIY liquid and I didn't like it at all, coils black and gunked up within a day and that was at 1%!
It is a pudding flavor so I would not be surprised. Just ordered some blueberry slush going to see how that goes! :vapor:

Reactions: Mordacai
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread