Coils for the Smok TFV8 RBA Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I just finished doing a coil build for the smok TFV8 RBA deck and put two new coils in it.
So I have 6 32 gauge twisted together, this is wrapped on a 2.5 mm rod, 8 turns. Two sets of these coils are put into the RBA deck and I have a total resistance of .29 ohms.
I was unable to use the Steam Engine since I was unable to put in 6 twisted pairs of 32 gauge wire and this was done by trial and error. It took a little extra time and wasted a bit of wire but the final coils did work rather well in the temp mode. I did spend some time watching vids on you tube and was a bit surprised that wrapping 32 gauge around 26 gauge wire is a Clapton but I'm still new at this.
I'd like to hear what others have to say about this and possibly get ideas about other things that can be done. I also have another TFV8 with an RBA deck that has the original .4 ohm coil, it would be nice to have both coils the same so changes don't have to be made.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I was finally able to find where I had posted this, it seems like not many people are interested in this subject, I was actually hoping for some replies and possibly get some ideas I hadn't thought about.
I did some checking on the Smok RBA tank since my coil build had some problems. I used a Coil master tester and found the resistance will not go to zero when the plus and ground posts are shorted, a bit of resistance is in the tank portion. Putting the RBA section of the together, It is possible to short the plus input to ground, or there is still enough for the resistance to limit the current to less than 1
amp so it will not work properly. I found the same results with both tanks I have.
I bought a Eleaf Pico 25 and the Smok tanks only work in the wattage mode but I'm still looking through the manual.
The Pico uses a .2 ohm atomizer where I have a higher resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread