Coils last very short amount of time no matter what I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerpMeetsTF2

Oct 11, 2018
No matter the coil, no matter the juice, no matter the wattage. they all last 5 days max, most of the time even less. Right now im using the double mesh coils in the Freemax Mesh Pro tank at 75 watts (its rated 60-90) and even those dont last more than 2 days. I go through 5 ml of juice per day at the max. Doesn't matter if the juice has a lot of sweeteners or doesnt, doesnt matter if its clear or dark. It's always the same. What can I do?

Last edited:

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
You don't say what happens when the coil dies, is it burnt hits, loss of flavor, etc... Knowing what you experience will help us guide you in the right direction. Reply with more information when you can.

Priming the coil properly and breaking it in slowly is essential to longevity and flavor. I assume since you only go through 5 ml per day you don't chain vape and burn the coil out prematurely.

Just because a coil is rated at 60 to 90 watts doesn't mean you need to hit it at 60. I get a nice vape on the Mesh Pro double at 53 watts. I start the double around 28 watts when I'm breaking it in and work up in 3 to 5 watt increments until I hit the sweet spot for me. Each person and juice will be a bit different. Different juices can have different sweet spots when vaped with the same tank same coil. Its best to slowly work up with each and note the sweet spot for each juice in each tank coil combination. My NRG tanks tends to run 10 watts below my Freemax Mesh Pro for the same juice.

Watch this video and see if it gives you any new ideas on priming and breaking in.

DerpMeetsTF2

Oct 11, 2018
You don't say what happens when the coil dies, is it burnt hits, loss of flavor, etc... Knowing what you experience will help us guide you in the right direction. Reply with more information when you can.

Priming the coil properly and breaking it in slowly is essential to longevity and flavor. I assume since you only go through 5 ml per day you don't chain vape and burn the coil out prematurely.

Just because a coil is rated at 60 to 90 watts doesn't mean you need to hit it at 60. I get a nice vape on the Mesh Pro double at 53 watts. I start the double around 28 watts when I'm breaking it in and work up in 3 to 5 watt increments until I hit the sweet spot for me. Each person and juice will be a bit different. Different juices can have different sweet spots when vaped with the same tank same coil. Its best to slowly work up with each and note the sweet spot for each juice in each tank coil combination. My NRG tanks tends to run 10 watts below my Freemax Mesh Pro for the same juice.

Watch this video and see if it gives you any new ideas on priming and breaking in.

to me a coil dying is when im getting weird/burnt tastes out of it. I suppose I also experience a loss of flavor over time but not in noteworthy amounts really. For me I just change it when im getting werid/burnt taste out of it, and thats every 3-5 days. And ive never primed my coils because i just assumed letting the juice in your tank sit without hitting it for like 15-20 minutes after filling it would accomplish the same thing, just take longer. I dont do the wattage trick so ill try that next time. And yes I dont chain vape at all. Next coil ill do exactly what hes doing in that video and see if that helps. If I remember ill give this thread an update on how long the coil lasts that I do that with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread