Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vannie

May 19, 2015
Clifford Pa
I have a question about the coils for my pen. After changing the coil, I noticed it was popping and cracking, unlike what I was used to hearing. Yesterday, I was about to put my pen to my mouth, and hit the button before I reached my mouth. It popped pretty loud, and shot out oil, into MY EYE o_O Has anyone experienced this before ( not necessarily getting popped in the eye) the cracking sound. Is this a bad coil? I want to change the coil and move on, but I am not sure if it's the pen or the coil. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance :)

Vannie

May 19, 2015
Clifford Pa
Normal, ( up to a point) loose wick in the coil,, high power, moisture in the wick or juice, are some of the culprits, its not a sign of something being defective if that's the concern.

And don't feel bad,, , many of us been popped in the face lol
Thank you! It was my concern that it might explode..lol As long as it's not my "pen", I am ok with it. I have neglected it since. So grateful for having a spare, until I had some answers. Glad to know I am not alone in the face plant!

Reactions: hashtag

Vannie

May 19, 2015
Clifford Pa
Play around with the coil tighten it, loosen it etc...

It is normal but can be minimized usually.
Thank you! I will try that. I did notice the day before, it somehow became loose. When it popped me, I put it down and left it there. I just saw a very disturbing picture of a vapor using a mod. Putting my issue, and that picture together gave me some fear. From what I am hearing, I wouldn't have the exploding issue with my Kangertech "pen". I hope that is accurate. Thanks again :)

Vannie

May 19, 2015
Clifford Pa
Sounds normal to me. I dunno about the juice spitting into your eye, though. Maybe wait a minute or two to have the liquid soak in to the wicks?
The juice spitting in my eye, was a while after changing the coil, and filling the tank. I was ignoring the cracking up until then. I have read some stories about the nicotine burning up grass..lol I don't think it would be nice to have a hole burnt into my eye >.< Thank you so much for responding so fast. I will give it another whirl :D

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
Thank you! I will try that. I did notice the day before, it somehow became loose. When it popped me, I put it down and left it there. I just saw a very disturbing picture of a vapor using a mod. Putting my issue, and that picture together gave me some fear. From what I am hearing, I wouldn't have the exploding issue with my Kangertech "pen". I hope that is accurate. Thanks again :)

I assume the picture was from an unregulated mech mod. None of their issues should apply to you.

Vannie

May 19, 2015
Clifford Pa
Lol nope , if I get a " lively" coil I just fire it for a sec before I put up to my mouth.

Nothing wrong with being cautious.
lol.. That is how I got popped in the eye! I decided to hit the button before putting it to my mouth, just in case because of the crackling sound. I would have much rathered it got my lip, than my eye! Thankfully, I was within steps of the sink, and was able to flush my eye pretty fast :)

Vannie

May 19, 2015
Clifford Pa
I personally think vape pen is stupid but let me ask you this..........

Are you smoking?

No?

Then who cares what I think...:D
lolol.. Well ummm since I am too honest at times, I admit I am still still smoking. Nowhere near like I was this time last week. But none the less, yes >.< I appreciate all feedback, either way. If I don't like what's said, I will simply ignore it :D I only used the term pen to describe it, because I honestly thought there was a difference in what I have, and what I see others using and calling mods. Thanks for your opinion, it matters ;)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
80? >.< O MY! I think I will try to stick to this one for a while... lol Seems comfy, convenient, and less confusing. For now, I am enjoying this, so I am good ;)
Good for you. Shinyitis is a common problem; the best mod is the one that you enjoy and stops you buying more mods.
(not that I ever learn)....

Reactions: Thrasher
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread