The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Color disappearing?

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by MidnighToker, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MidnighToker

MidnighToker Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 27, 2009
    NC
    Not that I relly WANT the coloring in my juice, but this one was weird. I am using Lorann Watermelon for these. I've used it in the past (1 dram bottle) on the same batch of unflavored with no issues. This time I was using from a 1 ounce bottle...again from the same batch of unflavored. When I mixed it, it had that bright pink color to it. Looked the same when I went to bed. Well, I woke up this morning to a bottle of peach colored juice. Still tasted the same though. Now tonight, even more color is gone. It actually looks identical to some unflavored 48MG that I have left.

Any thoughts?

2. DVap

DVap Nicotiana Alchemia Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 26, 2009
    Retired
    This is not an uncommon occurrence when mixing with flavorings.

Flavorings add many more components to the mix than would be present without the flavoring, the potential interactions between the flavoring and the basic nicotine are likely in play.

If you want to prove this to yourself, just mix up the liquid and substitute plain PG for the nic/PG part of your mix... so that's it's identical to your mix but without any nicotine. Let it sit and observe. :)

3. raddiver

raddiver Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 13, 2009
    Brandenburg KY
    That seems totally opposite to what occurs with mine.
    Mine (im referring to apple and caramel loranns) generally get darker with time. The best analogy i can give is clean motor oil when freshly mixed, then degrading to a dark dark UPS brown after it's set for a while.

my Johnson Creek Vanilla does the same thing.

4. MidnighToker

MidnighToker Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 27, 2009
    NC
  5. vapingkarter54

vapingkarter54 New Member

Oct 12, 2009
    waco texas
    I had the same thing hapin to me with watermelon no nic juice.It was redish, went to lunch came back and it is yellow, taste the same. thought co workers pulling prank on me.They allso vape and liked the flavore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.