Color of 100mg base liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this color look off for 100mg base? My previous orders have been through Wizard Labs and they come in a black bottle, so I never really saw what the condensed color looked like.. but my understanding is that it should be mostly colorless.

Also, based on the way the supplier shipped it, there was liquid all over the mailer and bottles. I'm currently not very impressed.

2013-07-09 10.35.53.jpg

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC
John at WL told me that it can be anywhere from clear to rusty colored and still be fine. I actually emailed him to ask about some that's about 1.5 to 2 years old, a small bottle that was not kept in the freezer, and that's about the color of it. He told me it will still be fine to use.

It's a strong harsh flavor, very reminiscent of tobacco. I'm keeping it to use with tobacco mixes, and using the newer and more pure stuff for lighter mixes.

Where did you get it? I've seen some threads here about packaging being bad, that's a shame!

BakuPeg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Gainesville, Ga
I bought 100mg nic in November from WL. I traansferred the nic into smaller clear bottles (was out of amber) I then wrapped the clear bottles in a couple socks. They sit in a ziploc bag in the freezer. I checked them this last weekend and they are as clear as they were when I put them in the freezer.

Your base is a little degraded IMO but still usable. I would use it for tobacco only mixes as finally said it may have a tobacco flavor.

I too would like to know the vendor. The *ONLY* way we will get these vendors to package CORRECTLY is to expose them when they foul up. Pic request :)

It's VIP Vapor Cigs.. their prices were on par with WL and since WL was not shipping any base, I figured I'd give them a shot.

I don't make tobacco flavored juice, so it sounds like I'm going to be returning this stuff. Ugh. I bought 740ml (1 500ml, 1 240ml) and was planning on freezing in smaller bottles.

I'm really disappointed in VIP, actually. With the FDA starting to give us a hard time, the last thing we need is for a vendor to mishandle/package/ship base and someone getting hurt.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
My previous orders have been through Wizard Labs and they come in a black bottle, so I never really saw what the condensed color looked like.. but my understanding is that it should be mostly colorless.

Even in a WL black or white bottle, you'd likely have noticed the coloration when you poured and mixed .. especially if it was as dark as the VIP order .. at least, IMO .. I sure would have noticed ..

Wait, now! Taste it first. Mine tastes like tobacco, yours might taste like nothing.

According to WL the color doesn't indicate anything other than exposure to heat and air.

Well, your input kinda confirmed my fears. The smell of it is very, very musty tobacco scent.. like, if you put a pack of cigarettes in a drawer full of freshly used gym socks.

Update..

Sherryl, of VIP Vapor Cigs, finds nothing wrong with packaging 100mg liquid in an open sandwich baggy and taping the caps on her bottles and shipping them in a bubble wrap soft sided mailer.

I would *definitely not* do business with VIP Vapor Cigs until she decides to change that, at least. As for the liquid, she's offered me an exchange because it leaked, but no refunds.

I guess I'm stuck with crappy smelling liquid.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
... there was liquid all over the mailer and bottles.

shock.gif
That's exactly what's gonna get nic shipments banned or HAZMAT regulated! There's absolutely no excuse for pizz poor nic packaging!!!

Update..

Sherryl, of VIP Vapor Cigs, finds nothing wrong with packaging 100mg liquid in an open sandwich baggy and taping the caps on her bottles and shipping them in a bubble wrap soft sided mailer.

That borders on criminal!

I would *definitely not* do business with VIP Vapor Cigs until she decides to change that, at least. As for the liquid, she's offered me an exchange because it leaked, but no refunds.

I would demand a refund... and if she wants da nic back, then demand return postage free!

This is a prime example how da vaping community will have to 'pay da price' for crappy and unconcerned service/products.

BTW, didn't find that vendor on da ECF approved vendors' list... did I miss 'em?

ETA: Go ahead and follow some of da suggestions proffered by responders to this thread. It may be satisfactory. Won't know till ya give it a shot.

Da leaking is UNFORGIVABLE!!!

Last edited:

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I think the careless regard for unknowing package handlers is criminal in regards to the possibility of, let's say, a sorter at the postage hub who happens to grab a bubble wrap envelope that's leaking. It could potentially kill. I would never operate a business in a way that has the potential to get me charged with manslaughter. Just sayin.

There needs to be an industry standard. This thread is an example of what NOT to do.

BakuPeg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Gainesville, Ga
Matt, thank you so much for posting pictures. As much as I don't like our mail carriers man handling items, it is very important that vendors get called out on where they screw up. I too would not want it on the news how a postal worker got sick handling a package with nic in it. Any more of this will screw us ALL over.

There is nothing wrong with sending VG or PG that way, but nic is another matter ALL-TOGETHER.
If she is sending a replacement I would put it in glass A.S.A.P. and freeze it. That way at least you can cut down on any further degradation.

Here is a pic of the clear jar of WL 100mg from November 2012. Its been frozen and unopened since that time. (It really doesnt freeze, just is very thick) It IS very very slightly yellow. You can see the bottle has a little frost on it. Its going back in its sock and into the freezer. It is sitting on a box of doughnuts. They tasted very good. 130709_0001.jpg

BTW WL packages their nic so well I bet a truck could roll over it without issue.

Last edited:

ChRi$

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
☆ So-CaL ☆
ive handled and tried many nic bases from various vendors online including VIP. in fact over the past couple of years ive spend hundreds of dollars with Sheryl. I find nothing wrong with her nicotine and use it in my personal mixes to this day. Nicotine itself is organic in nature and decays over time or with exposure to light and air like a few have stated in the thread already. it only slightly changes the smell of it and of coarse you get a darker base liquid. when diluted to 6,12,18, or even 24mg I guarantee you will not notice a foul odor like you do when you stick your nose in a 100mg bottle haha.

as for the packaging, ive never had an issue with her. but I have had a few other nic companies online send out bottles that leaked ounces from 1000ML - 1 gallon bottles only to offer me store credit, so a few ml's wouldn't be an issue for myself. I'm sure it was not packaged leaking, just happens to the best of us that's all.

i would offer you money for the nic if your not satisfied with it for my personal use....but you did stick your nose over the bottle so i'm good ;)

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
... so a few ml's wouldn't be an issue for myself.

i would offer you money for the nic if your not satisfied with it for my personal use....but you did stick your nose over the bottle so i'm good ;)

eek.gif

Seriously?!?!?! Ya can excuse 100mg nic all over da packaging, but have an issue with someone sniffing da nic?!?!?!?
doh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread