Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Let's attack people that want to come forward, so we ensure no one ever does.

Instead of jumping all over them right away, let's give them some time to explain before we break out the crucifix.
Seriously.

Whether right or wrong, I'm disheartened by the behavior of some on this thread.

Last edited:

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
It just makes it a little odd that its not there and he said nothing to buzzkill or gave a tracking or anything. Expecially for something so important

Oh, don't get me wrong, I have the same doubts that you all have. But I am going to wait and see if something shows. And if something shows, just what does come in. There is no need to draw any more attention to this, as it will just keep people gossiping about "an exploding Buzz". If nothing shows, I would rather have it be forgotten.

For now, I will give him the benefit of the doubt, and I will wait.

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
Let's attack people that want to come forward, so we ensure no one ever does.

Instead of jumping all over them right away, let's give them some time to explain before we break out the crucifix.
Seriously.

Whether right or wrong, I'm disheartened by the behavior of some on this thread.

Please note that I have referred to him as "an alleged liar", and will apologize in the extremely unlikely (IMO) event that his story checks out. I've had the dubious privilege of three emails back and forth with this guy, and while I can't post what he said, it did not sound at all convincing.

And I'm not "jumping on him right away" with my last post; he's had almost 2 weeks to offer something other than a fishy story.

I don't see how anyone with a legitimate incident to report will be deterred from coming forward, since accounts that ring true are generally well-received. I do agree that I should probably have said nothing for now, but that ship has sailed.

Last edited:

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
I have a bagful of magic beans that I'd like to sell to some of you people. "Oh Thundercats, thanks so much for helping us all out with your BS story, and for remaining so civil when some meanies didn't believe you".

Wow.

sorry to go off topic, but I don't see the point in embarrassing/making fun of people. some people are trusting and some people are not. I get tired of and don't believe a lot of the sob stories here - but I don't make fun of the people who do...

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
I'm only talking about those that jumped on him right away.
They know who they are.

I don't care if they are right in the end or not.

There was nothing wrong w asking for pics at the time of his 1st post. I was the first one, right after he drops a bomb in this thread, to insist he backs up his 3 sentence claim that one of the safest devices out there did what he said it did. Then he proceeds to stay logged on but not reply for hours. A lot of us jumped on him with good reason.
I agree w you, it is for the good of all to investigate this alleged incident. On the other side of that coin, we as a community do not need any more bad press than what we already have.
True or false he went about it all wrong and I make no apologies for insisting on the truth.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
sorry to go off topic, but I don't see the point in embarrassing/making fun of people. some people are trusting and some people are not. I get tired of and don't believe a lot of the sob stories here - but I don't make fun of the people who do...

FTR, off topic? This whole Thundercat thing is off topic.
IMO, people who slander our rep as a community deserve whatever they get. Yes it would be beneficial to get to diagnose the alleged issue, but lets see if there was even an issue to begin with.

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut

Point very well taken. Ridiculing people is not something I aspire to do, and what was intended as a "blanket ridicule" of a general trend [itself a "foul ball"], I now realize was far too narrowly-directed [Steeeee-rike Twoooo!]. I do sincerely apologize for that. I allowed my anger at this guy to spill out in an unhealthy and offensive way.

Part of that anger has to do with what I see as a major disruption to this thread, which concerns what is arguably one of the most important subjects in general, and event in particular, currently affecting the entire vaping community. If this person's story is indeed fictitious, that disruption has been compounded by all these many comments about that disruption.

Unless Buzzkill has received a charred example of one of his products in the mail recently and just hasn't mentioned it here, I'm just of a mind that "it got lost in the mail" is the final nail in this apparently cockamamie coffin. We shall obviously see soon enough whether or not I have a lot of " 'splainin' " to do.

Last edited:

bombshellECHO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
A, A

I dont see it as embarrassing or making fun of anyone. He embarrassed himself by posting a alleged false story. Now if it magically shows up on buzzkills doorstep. I will apologize. You can not blame people for calling someone out. If I suspect someone of shoplifting in my store I'm not gonna ask them if they are and trust what they say and wait till I do inventory to find out I was wrong. I'm going to call them out on it. But that's just my opinion. And take it as that
from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
He sure succeeded in derailing this thread. Too bad it wasn't in a separate one. I think he is getting way too much attention.

This thread will be fine. Not that much more really needs to be said after 795 posts, but anyone is still free to add whatever they want that addresses the unfortunate incident in Colorado. The fact that he did indeed throw a monkey wrench into this thread is the ironic point of these posts that themselves throw a monkey wrench into it.

His story had better check out, or he himself will have some 'splainin' to do to a certain Forum Manager.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Unless Buzzkill has received a charred example of one of his products in the mail recently and just hasn't mentioned it here, I'm just of a mind that "it got lost in the mail" is the final nail in this apparently cockamamie coffin. We shall obviously see soon enough whether or not I have a lot of " 'splainin' " to do.

If that happens at this point, (which I am foreseeing to happen), I stick by all my comments until pics are produced along with a formal apology to Buzzkill and the community as a whole.....

BTW, has anyone heard any feedback as to how the guy in Colorado is doing? Sure hope he recovers....

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
If that happens at this point, (which I am foreseeing to happen), I stick by all my comments until pics are produced along with a formal apology to Buzzkill and the community as a whole.....

BTW, has anyone heard any feedback as to how the guy in Colorado is doing? Sure hope he recovers....

No I have not, and would like very much to know that as well, and obviously share your sentiments that his life has not been too severely or permanently impacted. That said, I've heard some very dire things, including that he has lost his sight. Is that last part known to be correct?

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
...I stick by all my comments until pics are produced along with a formal apology to Buzzkill and the community as a whole...

If valid pics are produced and the damaged tube lands in Mike's mailbox, then it will be you and I making apologies.

If not, don't be expecting the same from thundercat. He'll have made good his escape and is already infesting LED flashlight forums.

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
FTR, off topic? This whole Thundercat thing is off topic.
IMO, people who slander our rep as a community deserve whatever they get. Yes it would be beneficial to get to diagnose the alleged issue, but lets see if there was even an issue to begin with............

I dont see it as embarrassing or making fun of anyone. He embarrassed himself by posting a alleged false story. Now if it magically shows up on buzzkills doorstep. I will apologize. You can not blame people for calling someone out. .....................

I've been misunderstood ! I was talking about the comment (see below) about selling beans to the people who decided to trust thundercat and thanked him in advance for sending in the item.................

Originally Posted by John D in CT
I have a bagful of magic beans that I'd like to sell to some of you people. "Oh Thundercats, thanks so much for helping us all out with your BS story, and for remaining so civil when some meanies didn't believe you".

Wow.

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
I've been misunderstood ! I was talking about the comment (see below) about selling beans to the people who decided to trust thundercat and thanked him in advance for sending in the item.................

First, I want to acknowledge cags' diplomacy and high moral standards; first, for withholding judgement on "Thundercats"; and second, for reminding me of my own standards in exemplary accordance with own.

Second, I also really should make a specific apology to DC2, Bnrkwest, Bovinia, and Malduk, whose trusting nature I ridiculed in approximately that order of "degree of rightfully feeling insulted". I do apologize to all of you for that.

Lastly, I heard from Buzz today, and at the ten day mark, his mailbox remains unvisited by a charred Buzz Pro.

Last edited:

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
...Second, I also really should make a specific apology to DC2, Bnrkwest, Bovinia, and Malduk, whose trusting nature I ridiculed in approximately that order of "degree of rightfully feeing insulted". I do apologize to all of you for that.

Lastly, I heard from Buzz today, and at the ten day mark, his mailbox remains unvisited by a charred Buzz Pro.

It takes a large man to apologize for reckless words, even if spoken with tongue planted firmly in cheek—especially when time is proving him correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread