The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Colorado man sues after explosion

Discussion in 'Media and General News' started by Zapp and Roger, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Roxxette

Roxxette Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2012
    Caribbean
    They should close these thread , i forgot about these and you all should :) these was clearly all bs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I really can't justify closing this thread even tho it has gone way off original topic...there is also a lot of good information in here.

Let's just remember the topic (quoted above) and get any further discussions in this thread back on track to it.

Additional new "non-topic" information can be posted in a new thread in it's proper area.

3. BuzzKill

BuzzKill Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Nov 6, 2009
    Central Coast Ca.
    Never received anything from anybody regarding a blown up unit !!! Mods please delete the FALSE and MISLEADING posts made by "Thundercats" .

This is BS and a clear case of slam the vendor for fun and non profit.

I dont know about ECF but I would never allow this .

Ok back on topic , what was it again ??

4. rolygate

rolygate Forum Manager Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 24, 2009
    ECF Towers
    After one month from the reported incident with a Buzz we have come to the conclusion that the report is not reliable, because:

- In virtually all previous reports of similar incidents on ECF, photos were provided

- After a month from the reported postage date of the unit being returned, nothing has been received

We would normally expect that photos would be posted to the forum as that is the usual result of an alarming incident. We would also expect that a registered package requiring a signature on delivery would of course be used in an event of this type; and that if it didn't arrive, the OP would be asking why.

We are not making any judgement on this issue because anything can turn up - just that after a month's wait for a promised package that appears not to have been sent, and no pictures either, this incident report does not seem reliable and it is unfair to the vendor to allow it to remain. We soft-deleted the post alleging an incident and edited any posts that quoted it, where these were found (please tell us of any more that require editing - links please).

If the package turns up, or pictures become available, it will be easy to undelete the post/s. Unless there are any further developments, the report originating in post #346 (numbering may now have changed as a result of deleting the post) does not seem to be valid at this time.

5. cbrociuos

cbrociuos Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2012
    N.E. Ohio
    roly, hopefully you will have a "talk" with the op about slamming a forum supplier. i dont know buzzkill personally, but he seems to be a "stand up" guy. his products seem to have a 100% safe track record (to my knowledge). he even offered to make this "issue" with said product public and transparent. if the op cant produce some sort of proof what he posted actually happened i feel some sanctions are in order (against the op). imho.

im not telling you how to run your forum, i just wouldnt want to see this type of behavior become common place. :)

in my post op refers to "thundercats", not the op of this thread

6. rolygate

Supporting member
    Sep 24, 2009
    ECF Towers
    Yes, we'll have to see what transpires. There are all sorts of explanations and we are not going to leap to any conclusions.

However it is simply unfair to the Supplier to leave unsubstantiated accusations in place, one month is enough time for something more concrete to have been provided than what we have seen.

7. PoliticallyIncorrect

PoliticallyIncorrect Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 31, 2010
    SoCal
    A point of clarity that should be made is that the OP of this thread—Zapp and Roger—is not the person who made the exploding-APV claim. That infamy belongs to Thundercat, who didn't appear until several pages into it.

8. cbrociuos

cbrociuos Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2012
    N.E. Ohio

good point thank you. my post has been edited. :)

9. rolygate

Supporting member
    Sep 24, 2009
    ECF Towers
    Thanks, fixed mine too.

10. Petrodus

Petrodus Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2010
    Midwest
    Bottom line
    Extra ordinary claims do require extra ordinary proof

11. Spazmelda

Spazmelda Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Or even ordinary proof.

12. muzichead

muzichead Resident Knucklehead Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2011
    Illinois
    I called it early on that his claim was bogus and I think it's only obvious nothing happened...... I find it interesting his last post about anything was about it being in the mail.... Hopefully he did us all a favor and moved on from the forum and has stopped trying to tell tall tales of things that never happened!!!!

13. rolygate

Supporting member
    Sep 24, 2009
    ECF Towers
    Thread closed. A new thread can be started for updates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.