Come On, Be Honest: No One Here Charges Their Batteries Overnight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
But also produces much less heat from the cell.

Regardless, in the case of overcharging, it makes no difference if it continues to charge at 1,000 mAh or 500.

+1.

My batt likes less heat.

If charger is defective and putting out 5v then we have a problem Houston.

My charger is outputting 4.2v so I see no rush to remove batt when the light goes to green.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Ok, Ok. I know you're not supposed to and honestly I don't but dang would it be convenient to charge my 18650s overnight.

I have a good i4 charger and good batteries but charging them takes like 3.5 or 4 hours! Wasn't an issue as I have spares and just rotated them until I got a Duke mod. Have to get a new set of 18650s that run lower than 10a and always use them in a pair. I know the simple answer is to just buy another pair for the Duke but really wish I could just put them in the charger at night and wake up to a fresh set.

i am being 100% honest when i tell you that i absolutely under no circumstances have ever or will ever charge batteries while i sleep. no way, no how. ive got a primo charger (XTar VP1) and still, i refuse to subject myself, my fiancee or my condo to such a careless situation. the risk-reward is nowhere near beneficial enough to even consider such a thing.

FTR, i dont charge anything overnight. considering the price of spare batteries, its not even remotely a tough decision. people spend a lot more money to ensure safety than the price of batteries. a LOT. its a no-brainer IMHO.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
i am being 100% honest when i tell you that i absolutely under no circumstances have ever or will ever charge batteries while i sleep. no way, no how. ive got a primo charger (XTar VP1) and still, i refuse to subject myself, my fiancee or my condo to such a careless situation. The risk-reward is nowhere near beneficial enough to even consider such a thing.

This is exactly the way I look at it. It's a risk that doesn't happen often, but can be very serious when it does. Whats the gain? 30 seconds a week saved, maybe ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread