Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeInferno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Honolulu, HI
www.volcanoecigs.com
Hey Joe.... I have a question for you concerning the warranty.... "Volcano states that if you use non volcano atties/carto and it fails warranty void" I get it... But If the Lava Tube fails due to short from the atty or battery over discharged or what ever would that not be the fault of the protection failing... Thus being a fault with the device and not having to do with what was on it... So shouldn't that be covered by warranty...

Not really cause who is to say that the non Volcano device used on the Lavatube, when/if it fails also does not cause damage to the fail safes as well. We know our devices work on our units.

robcope

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2010
Texas
I am willing to take the plunge without to much concern, as volcano has never steered me wrong. I own one each of every starter kit they sell and will surely purchase the lava tube. I will take chances with some low res carto's from other venders and should I blow it up, I will save up and buy another one unless the lava tube proves to be a mistake. I have dealt with vendors that won't even answer e-mails, so Volcano it is for me and no I am not affiliated with Volcano.

JoeInferno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Honolulu, HI
www.volcanoecigs.com
It is with great sadness that we have to report that the LAVATUBE pre-order release has been delayed due to an unforeseen DHL shipping error. We have only recieved half of our shipment and are still waiting on the delivery of our AW IMR High Drain 18650 Batteries and LAVATUBE Cary Cases. We only received a partial shipment and DHL is currently researching where the second shipment of our batteries might be.

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
Not really cause who is to say that the non Volcano device used on the Lavatube, when/if it fails also does not cause damage to the fail safes as well. We know our devices work on our units.

Joe, I have been checking with fellow vapers in Europe and Canada, and no other Lavatube distributor has the same ludicrous warranty restriction. Also, you do not even sell HR attys/cartos which are better suited for a VV which that goes up to 6 volts.

Standard Resistance attys will burn out a lot quicker at the higher voltage, although some people will run low resistance atty's at high voltage and to get a few big jolts on the fixed high voltage mods and don't care about cost. Most vapers are somewhere in the middle.

Gee, I guess the Lavatube is a retailer's dream: you get to sell your high margin consumables and more of them.

JoeInferno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Honolulu, HI
www.volcanoecigs.com
There has been a lot of discussion over the warranty on this device. Since the Lavatube has not even been released yet we have been discussing the terms and conditions for this device.

We have decided that the warranty for the Lavatube will stay the same as is for all our other devices with one change, which follows:

The Lavatube can be used with any 510 threaded device as long as it is sold by a vendor and not hand made or built by the user.

The posted warranty was made for there smaller batteries that cant handle the variances in ohms that some manufacturers have in their lower ohm devices, and neither have the fail safes or ability to withstand shorts. The Lavatube is a much more powerful device, able to take the abuse and has the added fail safes to prevent the early demise of the unit due to a fault by an atomizer.

dotma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Spokane, WA
We have decided that the warranty for the Lavatube will stay the same as is for all our other devices with one change, which follows:

The Lavatube can be used with any 510 threaded device as long as it is sold by a vendor and not hand made or built by the user.

This makes me very happy! I think this shows that you have confidence in your product and will definitely stand behind it! YAY! Now -- on to the waiting . . . . . .

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
There has been a lot of discussion over the warranty on this device. Since the Lavatube has not even been released yet we have been discussing the terms and conditions for this device.

The posted warranty was made for there smaller batteries that cant handle the variances in ohms that some manufacturers have in their lower ohm devices, and neither have the fail safes or ability to withstand shorts. The Lavatube is a much more powerful device, able to take the abuse and has the added fail safes to prevent the early demise of the unit due to a fault by an atomizer.

Very good to hear! Volcano you really scared a lot of us for a little while there!! Now all long as the price stays the same those things are going to be selling.. and selling and selling..and you get the idea :p

JoeInferno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Honolulu, HI
www.volcanoecigs.com
Very good to hear! Volcano you really scared a lot of us for a little while there!! Now all long as the price stays the same those things are going to be selling.. and selling and selling..and you get the idea :p

the price points listed on the first post are the actual price we will be selling the items for

Mr. Buttflakes

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2011
Missouri
I've been researching this Lava Tube and It's pretty sweet and has my attension but my question is..Most the other vendors I've seen the kit comes with 2 batteries why doesn't this one? I think a "Kit" should come with two..what am I gonna do when that one battery needs charged and I dont have another...Add that second battery I say since all the other places in other countrys offer it..so the kit's gonna be over $100.00 due to buying another battery from you guys...I'm thinking I'll prolly just go with the new e-power 2800..I need that second batt included "Makes ya feel all warm and cozy inside" =D

Last edited:

Scotay87

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2011
Pacific North West
I've been researching this Lava Tube and It's pretty sweet and has my attension but my question is..Most the other vendors I've seen the kit comes with 2 batteries why doesn't this one? I think a "Kit" should come with two..what am I gonna do when that one battery needs charged and I dont have another...Add that second battery I say since all the other places in other countrys offer it..so the kit's gonna be over $100.00 due to buying another battery from you guys...I'm thinking I'll prolly just go with the new e-power 2800..I need that second batt included "Makes ya feel all warm and cozy inside" =D

Over seas vendors kits will be a "C" note or more as well plus the shipping. I saw one vendor was 20 bucks flat rate. Volcano has free usps on orders of $50 or more or an $8 flat fed ex rate. Also the Volcano kit comes with a dual charger not a single like the other vendors and the one batt is an AW IMR high drain the others are a copy. You also will be getting the updated version as opposed to the first run and beta versions of the L-rider VV mod aka Lava Tube...

Forgot to mention You should be able to get the Volcano Lava Tube around Dec 5th as opposed to around Xmas for the others. There is one vendor I found that has some up on site but they just came on line which I am not sure I would trust...

Last edited:

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
A video indicates that the voltage is 3.0 when 'first powered on.' Does the Lavatube recall the user set voltage on each subsequent power on?

What is the cutoff date for the 10% Off Entire Order Coupon?

Are the provided battery and replacements 1600 mAh?

I think these will sell well!

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
WI
Provape wouldn't have been able to sucker in so many buyers for their mod had this came out sooner. But this is somewhat of a clone so that is why Provape has reaped their reward for being an innovator and now this pushes everyone to develop the next IT device that we will overpay for because we just have to have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread