Coming up on my One Year anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
I've been a member of ECF for a very long time. Not as long as some others, but quite a while. Although I haven't posted or logged on in a couple of months, today someone mentioned to me that my one year anniversary of being smoke free is coming up and I started thinking about ECF again.

I'm fairly young (23) but I started smoking before I was a teenager, so I spent a lot of the most important developmental years of my life smoking. In the past (almost) year, I have felt like a completely new person. So much healthier, breathing like a newborn, and never worrying about how young I'm going to die.

My family and friends are so proud of me, but I've had a couple of "friends" that looked down on me for vaping, and those same "friends" were the ones who would purposely smoke around me and offer me cigarettes over and over. Now, I don't mind when people smoke around me but they knew that I quit and that I wanted to keep it that way, and I'm PROUD to say that I turned down their offers every single time and I haven't so much as even taken a tiny puff of a cigarette since April of 2010.

Also since April 2010, I have made other improvements to my life such as changing my diet, exercising more and have completely cut out Caffeine from my beverage diet. It's hard to NOT want to be the healthiest you can be once you've quit smoking.

So I want to say thank you, ECF, for helping me so much along my journey. You guys have been a big part of these past 11 months and this is a great community filled with absolutely awesome people. I wish everyone that switches to vaping long term success that hopefully you can pass along to another friend or family member that smokes. And if any new people are reading this that haven't decided whether to give vaping a try or not, I say go for it. It's completely changed my life and you may find that it will work for you too, but it takes some effort.

I love you ECF!

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma
congratsglitter.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread