Commercial Adds on YouTube reviews: For or Against?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steam Turbine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Montreal Quebec Canada
I'm just curious:

Are you guys for or against YouTube reviewers putting those "5 seconds skip" adds onto their videos so that they can make a few bucks out of their videos?

I am personally 100% for it. Those videos take time to make and they deserve every single penny they make out of them. It actually annoys me that GrimmGreen doesn't do it... But that just goes to show what kind of guy he is, he's not there to make money.... but still.

What are your thoughts?

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I believe people have a right to be compensated for their time, so if they can make a little money from it, more power to them. As long as it doesn't start effecting their reviews. You know, if someone started plugging Kanger products in every review, and then we came to find out they had received some payment from Kanger, that would bother me, but youtube ads are just part of that environment.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
I'm just curious:

Are you guys for or against YouTube reviewers putting those "5 seconds skip" adds onto their videos so that they can make a few bucks out of their videos?

I am personally 100% for it. Those videos take time to make and they deserve every single penny they make out of them. It actually annoys me that GrimmGreen doesn't do it... But that just goes to show what kind of guy he is, he's not there to make money.... but still.

What are your thoughts?

It annoys you Grimm doesn't have the pre-video commercial? Why? Were you expecting to get a cut? I guess I don't get it. I don't like commercials of any kind. Yes, I will put up with a 5 second annoyance commercial at the beginning, but any longer and I just close the video and don't watch it. Like an MSN video that has a 30 second commercial to see a 13 second video clip. I just close the page immediately and don't ever open MSN videos now. Just not worth it to me. I don't watch broadcast TV now either for the same reason, advertisements are just out of control. The amount of commercial time per programming hour is just crazy. Especially when the major stations are being monetized by cable and satellite program carry fees. Hell, even television production studios are getting paid off for product placement fees for having a can of Coke on set or Fritos potato chips or whatever product they can get on the set to add a few bucks (and it actually adds up to quite a few bucks for product placement ads in-show). Nah, I'm good with the fewer ads the better. When they get to be too much I just opt out and turn it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread