companies without phone numbers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashresolution

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
To be honest, in my honest opinion, if you don't have MULTIPLE ways to get in contact with you, I just as soon not do business with you. I'm the type of person that I need to FEEL secure when i purchase...and KNOW that I will be able to get ahold of someone in case something happens..

BigBaddBossyDogg

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2009
No, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. They deserve a modicum of privacy, especially since most are very small operations. Plus I wouldn't want someone mixing my juice per my specifications and have to stop in the middle to answer the phone.

As far as address, they most likely don't have customer liability insurance and can't have people just dropping by, usually unannounced.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
This is a reputable company, and the mistake on the order was mine - next time I'll know I guess.

If it was a supplier listed on ECF, and they don't return your emails, there's a whole lot of people around here who would like to hear the whole story. Who was the supplier, what was the mistake, and what have you tried to do about it? Most of the suppliers I've dealt with are happy to help.

You might be surprised at how quickly and easily your problem gets sorted out.

Iwannaquit4good

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
USA Sin City
I'd personally prefer a phone number, but in some personal experience still being sorta new. The only company I have ordered from with a number, has been nothing but a pain in my arsh. No matter how many times I called those people, they did nothing but mess stuff up. Still waiting on my 30 day money back as well. They taka and taka n taka their time a returna. All companies do that though lol If I don't get my promised money back though, the entire world will hear about it. I think the smaller companies have better prices, products, and customer service. :thumbs:

Last edited:

Iwannaquit4good

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
USA Sin City
I just recently found that to be so very true. Great group of people here!

If it was a supplier listed on ECF, and they don't return your emails, there's a whole lot of people around here who would like to hear the whole story. Who was the supplier, what was the mistake, and what have you tried to do about it? Most of the suppliers I've dealt with are happy to help.

You might be surprised at how quickly and easily your problem gets sorted out.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Yes, this....

No, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. They deserve a modicum of privacy, especially since most are very small operations. Plus I wouldn't want someone mixing my juice per my specifications and have to stop in the middle to answer the phone.

As far as address, they most likely don't have customer liability insurance and can't have people just dropping by, usually unannounced.

However, it would be helpful to at least know what city/state/country they are in.

Jayhawks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
MO/KAN USA
midwestvapor.com
I am a supplier and I no longer list my phone #. I do my best to respond to emails at all hours of the day and nite.. But as a lot of you know most of us suppliers work from home. I got sick and tired of drunks or anti ecigs peeps calling at all hrs of the nite. I am online dealing with ecig biz off and on from 5am to 2am just about everyday. I have have had customers email me and ask me to give them a call and I do. I just had my gut full of anti ecig peeps and drunks calling and asking about ecigs after seeing them at the bar that nite. :)

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
A lot of online businesses don't like to post their phone # on their website. This is not just in the "PV world", it's everywhere.

Some will give actual customers (people who have ordered from them) a phone # to call, either in some kind of order confirmation email or on the invoice or a business card in the package.

I don't worry too much about it. If I order something from somewhere I have never dealt with, and things go sour, your credit card company (or your bank, if you are using a bank-issued debit card) will take care of you.

optsmk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Pleasanton, Ca.
It bugs me that a lot of companies don't post a phone number on their website. It's not just the e-cig companies that do it. As far as I am concerned, every company should have a phone number to call. It's just common courtesy, thats all.

A lot of companies think that in this high tech era, there is no need to have a phone number because of all the electronic means of communication. They seem to forget that there are a lot of people (even network engineers like myself) who find it more personal to pick up a phone and talk to someone on the other end. Plus it gives me immediate satisfaction to know I can call someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread