compare your first ecig to what you vape now

Status
Not open for further replies.

chopsy

May 1, 2015
Been hanging around in here trying to burn through my 5 posts but I don't really know enough to give other people advice, so I figured I would start this thread rather than give bad advice just to get through my 5 obligatory posts.

I'm joining up because I have new hardware and want to learn more about it, but when I think back to my first ecig I have to laugh.

I haven't been a tobacco smoker for 5 or 6 years now... I picked up my first cartomizers and battery in 2009 when they banned clove cigarettes in the US. They resembled what njoy sells now, roughly the size of an actual cigarette & they came prefilled and were advertised as refillable. The refillable part was a joke! Unable to take them apart, you had to fill it one drop at a time at the battery contact and there was no rushing this process -_- inevitably, they would leak and gurgle like crazy. Although I successfully quit smoking cloves (not like I had a choice!!)these things turned me off vaping entirely for a few years.

Recently a good friend quit smoking and as he upgraded from an eGo battery and CE4 clearomizer, he gave me his old setup. First thought: miles ahead of that old junk!! But of course he is always having me try his new setup and when he got himself a nice Kanger Subtank mini and Kbox I realized that a mod + tank setup makes the eGo seem almost as bad as that "old junk."

tl;dr edition:
How far have you come from when you started vaping?? What was your first setup like??

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Been hanging around in here trying to burn through my 5 posts but I don't really know enough to give other people advice, so I figured I would start this thread rather than give bad advice just to get through my 5 obligatory posts.

There are many ways to get your 5 posts in. Just go out and welcome some of the other new members posting in the "New Member" Forum is an easy way. Once you have 5 posts (and the servers update at :25 past the hour) you will be free to post (or start threads) in other areas here on ECF.

My current 1st/current setup are posted in another post as I had problem adding a pic to this one.:(

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
First setup was a Smokeless Image Volt starter kit. It got me off of cigarettes, but I soon became disappointed with the short battery life and the very limited options for juice delivery devices with the cigalikes. I tried their larger eGo battery but it wasn't satisfactory either.

I advanced on to the larger mechanical mods and regulated mods within a couple of months of vaping. I did my research and chose well, as I'm still using the same two mods almost three years later. I've moved up the juice delivery devices from pre-filled cartomizers, to clearomizers, to cartotanks, to rebuildables. I've been using a Kayfun rebuildable tank atomizer on a Provari and a Patriot rebuildable drip atomizer on a Silver Bullet for about a year now. I'm in a happy place with my vaping.

Why Provari?

Inexpensive Mechanical Mod and RDA Setup

Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder

Last edited:

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
My first setup was an Itaste VV v3 thanks to good advice from ECF. I originally used a Kanger Unitank until I learned the hard way about some flavors and polycarbonate. :blush: After that I tried Protanks and the Anyvape Davide as toppers. I've also bought MVPs (2 and 3) and an Istick 20W, and I've tried just about every non-rebuildable topper - bottom coil, dual coil, top coil, cartomizer. (I have hand issues that rule out rebuilding for me.)

What is my favorite setup now? An Itaste VV v3 and a Davide. :D They work for my preference of simple, good quality and light weight. I also have a full sized Nautilus that I use, but I don't find it that much better than the Davides. Of course I am the quintessential tootle puffer.

:vapor:

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I started with this almost 9 years ago and have used many different setup over the years. Too many to even mention.

Today I am using my Reo Wooden Box Mod with a small rebuildable bottom feeding dripper and a SX Mini (S Class) with a Lemo 2. Also have several iStick 50watts with various RTA's on them (Atlantis/Fogger/Subtank Mini).

2006 E-Cigarette.jpg

Oh man, oh man. Started with an iClear 30 and some cheap-o 650mah battery. 2 years and a half-ish later, I have been through a couple mods and boxes. Currently, I have a jellyfish and an XXIX with a hiduron copper/nickel MCR on the way.

Crazy how far people get into these things. From quitting then now into a hobby, it's some good stuff!

seapeach

Cloud Dweller
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2015
Florida
I'm seriously laughing. Today is my first day on the forum and I just got set up to start vaping. I bought my first cigalike at a mall kiosk from the pushy guys that follow you down the corridor. My fiance (a non-smoker and now my husband of seven years) encouraged me to give it a try. I got frustrated and trashed it. So hubby went on to buy me a half dozen different ones and the result was always the same. I recently retired and this is likely to become a hobby for me. Hubby may come to wish he never introduced me. ;)

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I started with a Pro Smoke kit, what a joke. Battery life was about half a carto worth. From that I went to Smokeless Image 78mm autos, then their 650ma Ego styles. I tried their variable volt Egos but now am using Vamo, VTR, 134, VV-V3, IPV and iStick with an Invader in the mail. I've also got a bunch of DNA25s and DNA40s that are going in some custom built mods I'm working on. Now my main tanks are modified Fogger V4.1s and Big Foggers and ErlK clones. I still use those 78mm autos with modifies CE3s that I rebuild for hands free use though. It is amazing how this went from a couple of cig-a-likes to a collection of mods in such a short time.

CRizzo7

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2014
Wichita, Kansas, USA.

I'm joining up because I have new hardware and want to learn more about it, but when I think back to my first ecig I have to laugh.

I haven't been a tobacco smoker for 5 or 6 years now... I picked up my first cartomizers and battery in 2009 when they banned clove cigarettes in the US. They resembled what NJOY sells now, roughly the size of an actual cigarette & they came prefilled and were advertised as refillable. The refillable part was a joke! Unable to take them apart, you had to fill it one drop at a time at the battery contact and there was no rushing this process -_- inevitably, they would leak and gurgle like crazy. Although I successfully quit smoking cloves (not like I had a choice!!)these things turned me off vaping entirely for a few years.

Recently a good friend quit smoking and as he upgraded from an eGo battery and CE4 clearomizer, he gave me his old setup. First thought: miles ahead of that old junk!! But of course he is always having me try his new setup and when he got himself a nice Kanger Subtank mini and Kbox I realized that a mod + tank setup makes the eGo seem almost as bad as that "old junk."

tl;dr edition:
How far have you come from when you started vaping?? What was your first setup like??
I love thinking about this, I started with an ego-T mini battery (350mah) and and the CE4 clearomizer. Now, a few years later I'm using a triple parallel (7500mah) dual 18650 mosfet mod I built myself. I couldn't agree more, it started as an alternative and slowly but surely turned into a hobby. Time flies when you're having fun I guess!

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Started out with a cigalike called Intellicig, it was horrible and almost killed it for me. Moved onto Egos for a few years then discovered drippers. Happy camper.

Comparison as requested:

Cigalike - suck, suck, suck suck (still sucking)........ ~puf.
RDA - SUCK! ~ aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Reactions: awsum140

woodhippy

Master of Know Place
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2014
New Bloomfield MO
I love thinking about this, I started with an ego-T mini battery (350mah) and and the CE4 clearomizer. Now, a few years later I'm using a triple parallel (7500mah) dual 18650 mosfet mod I built myself. I couldn't agree more, it started as an alternative and slowly but surely turned into a hobby. Time flies when you're having fun I guess!

Hey I need to jump start my truck can i borrow that for a Minute.

Cig a like here Now 30 watt box mod and aqua v2 running 1 ohm and 20 watts

knifeguy68

May 12, 2015
I started with some disposable thing from a gas station, it was awful. I got the Blu kit which was ok but I still needed real cigarettes.

Went to a vape shop and bought an ego starter kit, better than blu but even with the 24mg juice I was smoking real cigarettes.

Back to the shop and the guy suggested better equipment. I figured it was a sales pitch and hesitated to spend the money. Spent it anyway.

Now I have a Kanger ProTank 2 for work, am Aspire Nautilus for home use and an Arctic Sub Tank for fun. Aspire VV battery, iStick 20 and iStick 50.

Down to 3mg juice.

Went from just quitting smoking to the beginning of a new hobby.

Sent From My Droid Maxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread