Completely confused (cart wont fire in one battery)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the TotalVapor kit from a local smokeshop for $50 (MUCH MUCH MUCH cheaper than they were online) as a way for me to see if i like PVs. In fact, I rather like this method of vaping. I have a VAMO V3 on the way currently. But to get on point.

I have a SMOKtech Pyrex DCT. When attached to one of my batteries, it works just fine, when attatched to the other, it wont fire, they are both fully charged, and the one that it wont fire on, will fire my ProTanks just fine. Anyone got any ideas?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The issue is likely a problem with the connection between the cartomizer connector pin in the pyrex tank and the top connector of the battery device that it doesn't work on. There's apparently an inadequate electrical connection being made.

First, make sure there's no e-liquid or gunk on the battery devices top connector pin. Clean with alcohol if need be.

If so inclined, you can "tease" the connector pin out further with a tool of some sort, so that it can make a better electrical contact with the cartomizer. Sometimes over-tightening a juice delivery device can cause a battery's top pin to fall into the battery making connection with other devices inadequate.

The issue is likely a problem with the connection between the cartomizer connector pin in the pyrex tank and the top connector of the battery device that it doesn't work on. There's apparently an inadequate electrical connection being made.

First, make sure there's no e-liquid or gunk on the battery devices top connector pin. Clean with alcohol if need be.

If so inclined, you can "tease" the connector pin out further with a tool of some sort, so that it can make a better electrical contact with the cartomizer. Sometimes over-tightening a juice delivery device can cause a battery's top pin to fall into the battery making connection with other devices inadequate.

...wow my first thought should have been check the connection surfaces, noticing a decent amount of gunk built up on my one battery, going to clean that off and try, thanks.

EDIT: Cleaning did nothing, still works with PT but not DCT. What is this "teasing" the connector pin?

RE-EDIT: Figured out what you meant after 30 seconds of looking at the cartomizer, teased it out with a really small pair of tweezers from one of my now very old lab kits (saved a bunch of them from HS, I knew they would come in handy with all the things they had in there)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread