Concerning the 'control' or 'regulation' of nicotine in E-cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyPhoenix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Easton, PA
There is a method used by negotiators. They want something from you, let's say, to freeze all wage increases for the next 3 years. So instead, they first propose something outrageous, like a 10% paycut. Of course, this sends you into an outraged frenzy. So they let you stew on this for a few days and get yourself all worked up until you're not so rational anymore, and then they say "ok, well, then how about we just freeze wage increase for the next 3 years?" Which seems, in comparison, quite reasonable, and you agree. This is a very old tactic.

My concern is that I have been reading alot of comments, blogs, and articles from e-cig advocates 'agreeing' that there needs to be some regulation of the nicotine in e-cig products. That is, some limit to the amount an ecig user can use or buy on a daily basis. Why? As it stands now, you can smoke yourself to death on 10 packs of cigarettes a day if you wanted to. There's no one telling you the maximum amount of cigarettes (and therefore, nicotine) you can consume. To me I see this negotiating tactic being used. FDA:"We want to ban e-cigs!" E-CIGU:"Noo, you cannot ban my e-cigs! (anger, rage, insult, flame wars) FDA:"Ok, then how about we just regulate the nicotine?" ECIGU: "Ok"

Of course this is a gross simplification. But I am seeing seeds being planted in people's minds, and I think it's a way in, a way for all of us to eventually let the government or the FDA into our products and pocketbooks. After all, who is going to 'regulate' the amount of nicotine e-cig users are consuming?

motox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2010
Poinciana, FL
Depends on what we mean by regulate. I think it would be a good thing for there to be some type of certification around these e-liquids. As of now, it's all a matter of faith. The bottle says "24mg" - are we sure? Are there any standards present where we know that these juices are unadulterated? Do we really know what is in these formulas?

Point is, that it is all a matter of blind faith and hope - we hope that what we buy and vape is safe and contains the levels of nicotine as represented. But as it is now, we really don't know.

LadyPhoenix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Easton, PA
I'm all for quality control, absolutely. But I'm talking about the possibility of regulating how much nicotine we are able to use on a daily basis. That is the idea that is being thrown around, and we need to be careful about agreeing with that. Because the only way that's going to happen is if you're getting a prescription for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread