Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I started vaping with a eGo kit. The battery, eGo charger, clearomizers, ejuice. Next step was better clearomizers such as the Evod then to the ProTank Mini 2. Battery was next as I purchased 2 joyetech C-Twist 1000mah. I enjoyed the flavor more as I could adjust the voltage up or down. I really enjoy my Evods and Mini ProTanks so I purchased 2 of the Innokin VV V-3 battery's. I went with the VV because it has eGo threading and my Evod's and Mini's work perfectly on it. My confusion comes from mods such as the Provari, Lamo, Provape, etc as they all use the 510 threading. Why don't those models come with the eGo thread? Is there some sort of advantage?

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Many people with with bigger battery pvs or mods use re-buildable attys with 510 threading. If the mod had Ego threading it wouldn't sit as flush or look as sleek, you'd see the ego threads when attached although it would work the same.

If you want to use a ego threaded carto or atty on a device that doesn't have it 510/Eego adapters are cheap, work great and for the most part can't be seen when in use as it's hidden by the skirt.

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
For the most part ego threaded tanks are cheap. They also don't look right on a big battery mod. They are all designed to look seamless on an ego battery which is about 15mm. Most big battery mods are 21-22mm.I know this is just opinion, but why would you want to screw a cheap atty that looks silly onto your high dollar mod?

One more little factoid, ego threading makes a mod taller (longer). These things are big enough as it is.

If you really must have it, there are a lot of Chinese mods coming out that support ego threading

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
For the most part ego threaded tanks are cheap. They also don't look right on a big battery mod. They are all designed to look seamless on an ego battery which is about 15mm. Most big battery mods are 21-22mm.I know this is just opinion, but why would you want to screw a cheap atty that looks silly onto your high dollar mod?

One more little factoid, ego threading makes a mod taller (longer). These things are big enough as it is.

If you really must have it, there are a lot of Chinese mods coming out that support ego threading

I didn't think the Evod or Mini ProTanks were of the cheap variety. I may be wrong but with a eGo thread the clearomizer is screwed onto the battery where the 510 is screwed into the battery. To me screwing anything onto a thread makes a neater looking connection. My point was why can a cheap mod like the Innokin VV V-3 work for both a eGo and 510, but not an expensive mod?

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
How about adding in the fact that the prothingy and many other mods were designed and made before the ego. 510 connection became the most popular as the 510 threaded toppers were the best models......and with a 510 threaded device, just about anything would work on it.

The Ego actually is a 510 connection --- with a built in extra set of threads to make a nice slick "fatter" e-cig device. Any 510 "topper" will fit. Beauty rings and cones were developed to make a better look when using other "toppers" that were not made specifically for the ego.

Also, adapters are readily available so any 510 can use Ego style toppers.

Also, more and more clearo's are coming out in two models -- ego style and 510 style. "just a 510 connection" is not an indicator of old style or old fashioned, imho.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread