The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Confused: O-Rings for Kanger Mini Protank II

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by Berryc, Oct 18, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Berryc

Berryc Full Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Twin Cities, MN, USA
    Hey folks,
    Been happily using EVOD clearomizers the past year, but the plastic started cracking, so I picked up a Mini Protank II.

I couldn't quite figure out the instructions though. There were 2 o-rings in the box, but I couldn't see where they belong. I was able to assemble it and got it working, but I didn't add those o-rings. Are they just 'extras'?

I don't taste the juice flavor as much with this as I did with the EVOD, is that normal?

Thanks for any advice!

2. Kent C

Kent C ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    See Katya's answer on your earlier post on the same subject:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ego-type-models/608934-am-i-doing-something-wrong-my-kangertech-mini-protank-2-a-2.html#post14290071

Many (me included) find this taste issue on protanks - esp. when new, but not other kangers:

"Another case of bad taste maybe the tank itself--some arrive covered with some kind of nasty grease; wash them with soap and water (just the tanks--soak the coils in PGA or vodka)."

The other thing with protanks is the 'too much airflow' and a few suggestions are put a toothpick in one or more of the airholes or use an air controller from an aerotank on the mini protank.

Kanger Airflow Control 2.0 - Mini

3. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Yup, the o-rings are extras. And yes, the ProTanks are airier than other Kanger toppers--for some reason. That air control base that Kent recommends might help. Oddly, I get better vape from my eVods and T3S than the ProTanks--but I don't use tank cracking juices. Go figure. :D

My favorite Kanger tank ATM is the Aerotank (they come in 4 or 5 different sizes.) I use the mini Aerotank on my smaller batteries, the regular size on my tube mods. They are dual-coil devices, though.

4. Berryc

Berryc Full Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Twin Cities, MN, USA
    Thanks Kent and Katya!

5. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Pleasure--and good luck! :D

6. classwife