Confused: O-Rings for Kanger Mini Protank II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks,
Been happily using EVOD clearomizers the past year, but the plastic started cracking, so I picked up a Mini Protank II.

I couldn't quite figure out the instructions though. There were 2 o-rings in the box, but I couldn't see where they belong. I was able to assemble it and got it working, but I didn't add those o-rings. Are they just 'extras'?

I don't taste the juice flavor as much with this as I did with the EVOD, is that normal?

Thanks for any advice!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
See Katya's answer on your earlier post on the same subject:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ngertech-mini-protank-2-a-2.html#post14290071

Many (me included) find this taste issue on protanks - esp. when new, but not other kangers:

"Another case of bad taste maybe the tank itself--some arrive covered with some kind of nasty grease; wash them with soap and water (just the tanks--soak the coils in PGA or vodka)."

The other thing with protanks is the 'too much airflow' and a few suggestions are put a toothpick in one or more of the airholes or use an air controller from an aerotank on the mini protank.

Kanger Airflow Control 2.0 - Mini

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hey folks,
Been happily using EVOD clearomizers the past year, but the plastic started cracking, so I picked up a Mini Protank II.

I couldn't quite figure out the instructions though. There were 2 o-rings in the box, but I couldn't see where they belong. I was able to assemble it and got it working, but I didn't add those o-rings. Are they just 'extras'?

I don't taste the juice flavor as much with this as I did with the EVOD, is that normal?

Thanks for any advice!

Yup, the o-rings are extras. And yes, the ProTanks are airier than other Kanger toppers--for some reason. That air control base that Kent recommends might help. Oddly, I get better vape from my eVods and T3S than the ProTanks--but I don't use tank cracking juices. Go figure. :D

My favorite Kanger tank ATM is the Aerotank (they come in 4 or 5 different sizes.) I use the mini Aerotank on my smaller batteries, the regular size on my tube mods. They are dual-coil devices, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread