Confused several of my fav flavors now tasts like ick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought two evod tanks and a pack of replacement atomisors a few days ago. I have two vision spinners 400mah and an ego non variable voltage middle sized one (not sure mah). One of my favorites is the cinna stix from potent smokables 18mg nic. in the vision ego clearamizer it tastes great. I've tried it and other juices In my evods and it has a chemical taste. At first I thought maybe I didn't clean out the tanks well so I emptied and cleaned and anything I put into the tanks seem to be off. I've even replaced the atomizer that came with one of the tanks with a new one. that helped but everything seems off. like a chemical kinda burnt maybe perfumy after taste. I let it soak for a while after filling tank thinking the wick needed to absorb the juice. Help I'm new and frustrated. I bought the evod tanks because the others I had were disposable. Ive tried them with sweet tartz, ry4, cinna stix, banana nut bread. :( Suggestions? Tips? Hints? Can you tell i'm very new. BTW as a side note I don't have alcohol products in the house so rinsing tank with everclear or vodka is a no go for me. Thanks

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Your taste buds are change. I have a LOT of juice I can't vape that tastes like perfume. Some when I first started back tasted ok, now I can't stand the taste. I only have a couple I DIY that get me by, the others have been sitting for weeks, try a couple every weekend, still no joy. I have 200+ ml just sitting in the back room with the tops off hoping they get better. I figure by the end of the year if I can't vape them I will PIF to someone who has no taste buds. Seems the only thing I can use at the moment is TFA coffee (dark) and myvapejuice natural extract tobacco (savage & wicked wench original), but I am fine with that, keeps me off the stinkies.

Vape On
:vapor:

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
New gear has to be thoroughly cleaned before use. Residues, etc. from the manufacturing process often remain in the new devices. Knockoff devices are worse, and sometimes the heads are just not well made, though a thorough cleaning and replacement heads often solve the problem. Could be steeping as suggested, but sounds like the juice was fine in one device and then not fine in another. Could be coil resistance changed without a change in heat/voltage, this will always change the vape. Likely one of those things. It's always a process of elimination to determine the problem. Eliminate the variables one by one until you find the cause. Backup devices, replacement heads, etc. all help you to do this. Best of luck to you!

Utew

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Eugene, OR
New gear has to be thoroughly cleaned before use. Residues, etc. from the manufacturing process often remain in the new devices. Knockoff devices are worse, and sometimes the heads are just not well made, though a thorough cleaning and replacement heads often solve the problem.

This ^

I have had this problem with Kanger T3S's.. juice that I love tastes like caca at first. Metallic, funky, bleech! Even after a good cleaning. But after a partial tank, things seem to smooth out and then begin tasting "right" as in back to yummy again. Bill's advice is dead on IMO.

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
Honestly, the one thing I've found is that outside factors never effect how my juice tastes. I'll be smoking a cigarette and drinking coffee outside the vape shop, then go in and sample all of their juices which they have in somehow indestructable CE4's, and the juice will taste great as ever. For me, it's more that with my devices at home, they just act bipolar as all get out, the device doing it. It happens wether I drink or smoke anything or not. I'm doing alcohol rinses from now on because my big thing is I think it's just factory residue getting swished and swashed around once the juice is filled up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread