Status
Not open for further replies.

laurieok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2009
Ohio
I got all my stuff.... vials, bottles, flavorings, unflavored nic juice, pg, vg, gloves, and was trying to read up on how to mix. I thought you just used unflavored nic juice and added flavoring to it...and voila! eliquid!!!
But I am reading that you also are adding vg, or more pg, and vodka.
Why??? I know I am new and I keep reading but it is not clicking in my head. Can anyone please explain?? Thanks!!:oops:

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
I got all my stuff.... vials, bottles, flavorings, unflavored nic juice, pg, vg, gloves, and was trying to read up on how to mix. I thought you just used unflavored nic juice and added flavoring to it...and voila! eliquid!!!
But I am reading that you also are adding vg, or more pg, and vodka.
Why??? I know I am new and I keep reading but it is not clicking in my head. Can anyone please explain?? Thanks!!:oops:

You dont have to use VG if you do not want to. The main reason people use it is because you can get it almost anywhere they sell cake supplies. It is thicker than PG, sweeter (good for fruity mixes), helps bring out the flavor, and vapes better. Since it is easier to get most people buy 36mg+ PG and cut it with VG. So if I like 12mg liquids I just turned my 100ml bottle of 36mg PG into 300ml of 12mg VG/PG mix for a couple bucks. Rather than spending 50+ dollars 3 times ($150.00) for 3 100ml bottles of 12mg PG. The vodka does two things, since the vodka I buy is 50% alcohol and 50% water I have dilutted the VG with out having to buy distilled water, and the vodka helps the throat hit. If you are not concerned with throat hit then you dont have to use vodka, you can use distilled water.

If you are not allergic to PG as some people are then you can buy straight PG and do the same thing, cut the high nic strength juice 36mg+ with PG double or tripleing your volume. This way you dont need the vodka or water to thin the VG.

BTW if you bought 12mg nic juice and that is what you are used to vapping then you can just add flavoring and vape. No need to cut the mix, the reason we do is a 35ml bottle of unflavored nic juice is the same price at 6mg, 12mg, 18mg, 28mg, or 36mg so the higher nic content you buy the more you can make by cutting in straight PG or VG.

This make sense?

It is up to you, but I like the sweet mixes with lots of vape and throat hit an always buy 36mg+ nic juice or higher to cut. So that is how I mix it. If you have any more questions, just PM me.
Dan

Last edited:

laurieok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2009
Ohio
Thank you all for the replies! I think I get it now! For example: if I have 36mg unflavored nic juice and I want 18 to vape, I need to use half pg and half nic juice and flavoring? But if I have 18 unflavored nic juice and still want 18 to vape I don't cut it with pg, just add flavoring? The flavoring would also sort of cut it too, wouldn't it? Thanks for all the help!

Zed

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Cocoa, Florida
You dont have to use VG if you do not want to. The main reason people use it is because you can get it almost anywhere they sell cake supplies. It is thicker than PG, sweeter (good for fruity mixes), helps bring out the flavor, and vapes better. Since it is easier to get most people buy 36mg+ PG and cut it with VG. So if I like 12mg liquids I just turned my 100ml bottle of 36mg PG into 300ml of 12mg VG/PG mix for a couple bucks. Rather than spending 50+ dollars 3 times ($150.00) for 3 100ml bottles of 12mg PG. The vodka does two things, since the vodka I buy is 50% alcohol and 50% water I have dilutted the VG with out having to buy distilled water, and the vodka helps the throat hit. If you are not concerned with throat hit then you dont have to use vodka, you can use distilled water.

If you are not allergic to PG as some people are then you can buy straight PG and do the same thing, cut the high nic strength juice 36mg+ with PG double or tripleing your volume. This way you dont need the vodka or water to thin the VG.

BTW if you bought 12mg nic juice and that is what you are used to vapping then you can just add flavoring and vape. No need to cut the mix, the reason we do is a 35ml bottle of unflavored nic juice is the same price at 6mg, 12mg, 18mg, 28mg, or 36mg so the higher nic content you buy the more you can make by cutting in straight PG or VG.

This make sense?

It is up to you, but I like the sweet mixes with lots of vape and throat hit an always buy 36mg+ nic juice or higher to cut. So that is how I mix it. If you have any more questions, just PM me.
Dan

I like the idea of the Vodka in the mix. I will give it a try. I can't help but wonder if you got pulled over while driving whether you would fail the breathalyzer test. Just a thought.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
LOL Honest officer I was just vaping!

I only use 20 drops to 10ml 50:50 mix of PG/VG, so that is roughly .05% of vodka per drop of liquid. I do not think it would send you over the legal limit.
I can ask a police man to breathalize me after I take a couple power hits and see :p
Any Police out there willing to let us know?
Dan

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
The question of whether or not the vodka would put you over the limit has come up many times before (and I think someone did even go so far as to test it on one of those home breathalyzers) but I have never understood why anyone would be worried about this: we only vape a couple/few mls of liquid a day in total, and, if you are mixing with vodka, it is likely that you would only be using 10% or so in the mix, meaning that you would only be vaping 0.1ml of vodka or every ml of liquid vaped.

Bearing in mind that a teaspoon full is 5ml, you would need to vape 50ml of e-liquid to take in a teasponful!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread