The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Confusing news report.

Discussion in 'General Cannabis Discussion' started by evan le'garde, Dec 5, 2019.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. evan le'garde

evan le'garde Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2013
  2. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    I would say the headline was written by someone with the intent to confuse.

Read the very next line and you'll find some truth:
    The woman vaped cannabis oil, which is what many of the hundreds of cases of lung illness in the US have been linked to.

Calling such a product an "e-cigarette" is just plain wrong.

Pro-tip: Do not vape oil of any kind, and don't use disposable "cartridges" of unknown origin.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. evan le'garde

Apr 3, 2013
    The bit that draws my attention is researchers in San Fransisco who tested the patient's e cig found Cobalt and other toxic metals, nickel, Aluminium, Manganese, Lead and Chromium in the vapour produced by the device, which they concluded came from the heating coils found inside. They believe it is the first example of metal induced toxicity in the lung following vaping.

4. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    Hence my suggestion not to use disposable cartridges of unknown origin, no matter what substance you're vaping.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. evan le'garde

Apr 3, 2013