Not open for further replies.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Congress fails to focus on helping society
Letter to the editor

Many people have used electronic cigarettes to stop smoking, as I did, and they help tremendously. They also put an end to second-hand smoke, inhalation of tar, cigarette butts all over the streets and having to walk through clouds of smoke outside every restaurant, office building and hospital.

However, lawmakers are more interested in the tax dollars generated by smokers.

Until we can get Congress to say “yes” to things that solve problems
and “no” to things that simply increase our tax dollars, these social issues
will never go away.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
There are 2 comments below the article

Politicians: party loyalties are trumping national loyalties. The citizen doesn't count when the party is involved. Some politicians feel it is far better to disrupt progress and cooperation than to take care of the citizens who put them there. I'm not sure why the Tea Party, the Republican Party and the Democratic Party is any better than the voter? Sorry about missing that, but maybe I'll figure it out by the time of the next election. Maybe it is the billionaires, such as Trump, Rove, Koch, etc. that make the difference?

Actually I would argue that it is even more about PERSONAL loyalty. What's in it for me now and afterwards. What was the statistic I saw....like 40% of all congress people become lobbyists ??!! Maybe there was a time when congress actually worked FOR the people...or maybe we all just deluded ourselves in to thinking that. Either way...the great Empire of America is swirling the drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread