Considering Precise ELA Telescoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida, USA
I still consider myself a newbie in this vaping world. I have been smober for six months. I was a four pack-a-day, forty-two year smoker. No doubt, vaping will save my life!

My first vape is a Thermovape AVA RES. It stacks two CR123 batteries to run at 6V. Actually, I have two of them. I am looking for a new vape. Mine are problematic. Issues and more issues. When they work, they are great. Thermovape no longer makes this model.

I am considering the Precise ELA Telescoping. This unit runs at less than 6V. Does anyone know if I will be disappointed with less voltage?

Thank you!

aPandaz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2013
Walnut, CA
What kind of delivery system do you plan on using? I use mechanicals, which on average is a 3.7v vape for me, and have no problem with getting a satisfying experience. I use genesis type atomizers, and a dripping RBA (IGO-L). I personally don't like cartomizers, but if you plan on using them with a mechanical I suggest getting a kick for the device.

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Thanks for the input. When I started, the guy selling them pushed for me to go with a high voltage. Of course, because it was the most expensive one in the store. That is why I ended up with the 6V. I intend on sticking with an atomizer and dripping. My units have 510 AVA HR atomizers. I have not yet entered the world of rebuildable atomizers. The unit I am looking at can accommodate the Kick. Either in an extended tube or with a kicklet. I don't really yet understand the kicklet. I believe it adjusts wattage. My goal: stainless steel unit, mechanical, USA made, a great deal of vapor, and good taste. Any input for me to achieve this goal is greatly appreciated!

Boiler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
The land of sky blue waters
Kicklet is just a little tube-extender fitted specially for the kick (it doesn't include the kick.) And yes, the kick adjusted wattage.

I think the ELA will take 18500 + kick. Or 18650 + kick (w/kicklet extension).

EDIT: ELA has an optional extension tube for an 18650 + Kick instead of kicklet.

Last edited:

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Right. If didn't already have my kickable telescoping mod I'd be getting the ELA. American and machined in America and lifetime warranty. Choices too. I like the brass pluses SS. Nice lines and doesn't look like a piece of plumbing hardware. I have to control my spending. It came out a few days after I bought my Mortar! Mortar is good but if I need replacement part it's from the Philippines!

Boiler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
The land of sky blue waters
I am getting the extension tube ($20) since I already have a Kick. Some people prefer straight battery power, so it's not necessarily better or worse, just a preference.

I got a set of batteries AW 18350/18500/18650 - also just to try out and see which configuration I like.

No Kicklet, that is designed for other Precise+ mods.

Have a Aga-T+ and a IGO-L for it for now, but Super-T has a super secret RBA in the works I am looking forward to in the future.

Copterstyle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Kansas
I got mine ordered a couple of weeks ago....it looks so sexy in the pictures. It's just a guess on my end, but kicklet may be nice to swap from mod to mod when wanted. From videos i've seen i believe on the ELA the kick sits way up in the battery tube and seems like it may be a pain to get out when a change of wattage is wanted....

I'm still undecided on getting the kicklet, but i'm sure glad i pulled the trigger on the ELA. Now to continue the waiting game.

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
I am going to order mine tonight. If you, or anyone can help me with this question, I would greatly appreciate it. Would you recommend the AW IMR 18650 2000mAh battery? If so, should I purchase regular or low resistance atomizers? I currently use high in my current vape(6V(2 CR123's)), but this is a 3.7V battery. Help?

Centurion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
East Coast USA
Congratulations on making the switch. I did a pack a day for 20 years, sometimes more and feel so much better after vaping and not smoking at all for 15 months. My lungs are healthier and I feel stronger. I'm sure you'll have a similar experience if you stick with it. I pre-ordered a Precise ELA after holding off on buying a pricy mod until I knew what I wanted. I want all Stainless, mechanical, can be Kicked, telescoping battery compartment, and the ELA seems to have that and more. I did get a couple kicks though for when it arrives and they have an output range of 5-10Watts and thats off a single cell. Later on when DNA20 mods become more available I'll probably look to pick up one of those but in my mind the ELA gives me more flexibility than any other device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread