Status
Not open for further replies.

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
Hey Guys/Gals,

I've decided to venture into the world of Modding. I am an extreme newb so be gentle please:)

I've been staring at spec and data sheets for momentary switches to use for hours. I have a few I might use but am unsure of a few things... Keep in mind i do not know much about these things but am a quick learner who is very mechanically inclined.

Would this ... Illuminated round pushbutton switch | multiple LED color options ... be a useable choice. The reason I'm unsure is I don't fully understand the "contact rating" and how it applies to me/my use. Also I cannot tell if it is always illuminated or only during use.

Help would be appreciated. I'm sure I'll have more questions as I progress.

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
From what I understand, the contact rating you need is 2-3amp for a simple mod. The switch you listed is nice if you are using a regulator or mosfet, which is generally not something you wanna do in a first mod.

Also, as I have learned recently, do not permanently cover your contacts with glue or anything else for a few days as you're using the mod. There's a chance you may need to resolder or reconnect something. I had to throw my first attempt away after epoxying the electronics over :)

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
I searched a long time last night, hard to find distributers who will let you order only a few, and who have the exact product code/model...
Heres what I found...PV3F2H0NN-334 | PV3 Series DP On-(On) High Actuator Nickel Plated Finish Anti-Vandal Switch | E-SWITCH - Future Electronics I believe its the version with green ring illumination. $10.55 USD

here are a few in a list... http://www.futureelectronics.com/en/Search.aspx?dsNav=Ntk:PartNumberSearch|PV3|1|,Ny:True,Nea:True
if you compare the codes to the product sheet at e-Switch.com you can determine the versions without the images

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread