Constant dry hit from 510 atty, even when wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insomaniac10

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2012
Boston
Does this mean it is cooked? i recently flooded it pretty good, so i blew it out hard and put 3 fresh drops on. it still fires and makes its sizzling sound, but since flooding it permanently tastes the same way it would taste if it was dry and needed more drops.
i searched for "how can i tell if my atty is dead?" but i didnt see any symptoms like this. any thoughts?

PS - i still get decent vapor from it...the only thing that has really changed is the flavor

Last edited:

Insomaniac10

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2012
Boston
Have you tried soaking it in Vodka/Everclear then blowing it out? Let dry and see if that might help you out.

no i drank all my vodka!!! ;)

i actually threw that atty out, and placed an order for about 6 new ones of the same model "one for each of my favorite flavors"....i started up my first one (using the same flavor as the cooked one), and it took me a few puffs to get rid of the primer, but then it started doing the same thing as the cooked one at first. i dont understand. its not the flavor because before my old one got cooked, it was BOSS. this new one is slowly starting to get better.
I started up one of my other new ones, and it was virtually perfect right out of the gate...no primer or anything.

The problem that im trying to describe with these questionable attys is very mysterious to me. it almost seems like i drop the liquid in, and it just disappears. not even a lot comes out when i try to blow it out - HARD.

Chris97b

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
Houston
Did you ever put more than 3 drops in after blowing it out? On a new or freshly cleaned atty it seems like I have to put at least 5-6 drops in, and even then after a drag or two it's dry and needs more.

If you haven't already, I'd put maybe 4 more drops in, take a couple of drags and see if it gets any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread