Contact info for JD Tech? / Stingray X Authenticity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
Aloha guys,

I need to contact JD Tech to ask them some questions regarding the authenticity of a Stingray X Black I just purchased.

Tried to use their online "Contact Us" form, but I can't pick a subject from the dropdown list and it won't let me submit my inquiry without picking a subject. A catch 22!

Anyway, if anyone has the direct e-mail for the folks at JD Tech, that would be awesome. You can pass it to me in a PM if you don't feel comfortable sharing it publicly.

For the second part, does anyone here know the tell-tale differences between the authentic Stingray X Black and a well done clone?

I am concerned because there is very fine etching in the copper inside the stingray "wing" cutouts. It's so hard to tell with some of these Chinese clones these days.

I bought the mod from one of JD Tech's authorized resellers, so I shouldn't question it, but these things aren't cheap... Haha... If I have a fake one, I wanna know, so I can try and get back about $200...

Here is a picture of the wing cutout, the etching is barely visible in any of the pictures I have taken because of the way the light catches the copper... You can kinda see it here though

Stingray%20X%20Etching_zpsqgkjizfa.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread