Contest: Where is this wonderful new location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempus Fugit

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2009
Mos Eisley, Tatooine, Outer Rim
To pass the time a little, Ms T wanted to have a little contest. This was also suggested by ECF's panewtovaping. Ms T has not yet announced where exactly she is moving. Who wants to guess?

Here's how it will go. We haven't given many hints, but there have been a couple here on ECF for those paying attention. Ms T said more than I did about it. She wasn't exact, but close. I think the biggest hint I gave was that it was "hundreds" of miles away (I meant that literally). Let's have some guesses and we'll see what happens. If it seems too difficult, we'll toss in another hint or two. We need a correct guess (or as close as possible) of not only the state, but the metropolis/city/town/village that she is moving to. That makes it a little harder.

Prizes
$25 gift cert: For the person who comes geographically closest.
$15 gift cert: For the person who comes second closest.
We might do another $15 in a "too close to call" situation.

Rules:
To be fair to everyone and so no one just posts a list of hundreds of cities (lists will be deleted), everyone is allowed 3 choices UNTIL we post a hint. If nobody is getting it, we'll drop a hint, and the guess count will start over with 3 more guesses. If you post more than three guesses before a hint is provided, only your first three will count and the rest will be ignored even if one is correct!

If we have two first place winners, the first to post it wins and the second poster will take second place.

Geographical proximity will be determined by Google Maps driving directions from guessed locations to the actual location. Distance will not be derived from the "as the crow flies" measurement.

We will end this contest on December 5th, when hopefully she will be there, and starting to get ready to reopen.

So there you have it. Let's see your guesses! The only things I'll say now are these: She isn't moving to Arizona (too bad). She still wants to be somewhere that regularly gets snow. The state is one of the US's original 13 colonies. Come on, all that should make it easy! Or not. We'll see.

Brandon
Ms T's Bakery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread