Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
First off thank you Classy for posting that link in PreVet!!! :)
Having a link made it easy to determine that the Welcome Thread was opened before the turning. :) :)

If anyone stumbles across something like this would you please post the link in this thread.

If I don't have something to look at to make a determination, I have to go by the time the Welcome Thread was opened and the time the person turned. To do this I will have to ask Classy to find the time.

Which makes me ask, Classy will you be so kind to do that so I can make a fair decision? :)

Last edited:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
If I don't have something to look at to make a determination, I have to go by the time the Welcome Thread was opened and the time the person turned. To do this I will have to ask Classy to find the time.

Which makes me ask, Classy will you be so kind to do that so I can make a fair decision?

This would involve a big to-do of getting into the operating system/history...not something I have access to.

...you could check the turnee's posts to look for cheering :)

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
jj, Laura was present at her turning! Before and after!

Why is her thread marked "--"?

She posted right before and after her turning...

Could you please be so kind and change her marking to "++"?

Thanks!

I'm able to glance every few minutes!! Can't wait to take my time later and look through them!! What was I thinking to have joined on such a crazy day!!! LOL!!!

laura definitely posted right about 6 pm .......

Ok back... Breathe... Breathe.... Husband yammering about this, son yammering about that, needing to do this/that!! Breathe... I'm just gonna shut my bedroom door for a little bit and hang with you guys!!!
Good grief!!!
This is so much more fun and pleasant!! I love the animals and especially love to see my PB pics too!! Y'all da bomb!!
^^^ posted at 6:28 PM

and she's been stopping by quite a few days to chat -

Last edited:

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
The earliest post made by Laura before turning time @ 4:52

I'm able to glance every few minutes!! Can't wait to take my time later and look through them!! What was I thinking to have joined on such a crazy day!!! LOL!!!

Tib asking @ 5:10

but is laura with us????? ;)

15 more ....

Nat asking @ 5:14

Laura... if you can please post.

Tib @ 5:20

Tib @ 5:24

i think laura left????? :(

Fireworks @ 5:25

Laura @ 5:28

Ok back... Breathe... Breathe.... Husband yammering about this, son yammering about that, need ing to do this/that!! Breathe... I'm just gonna shut my bedroom door for a little bit and hang with you guys!!!
Good grief!!!
This is so much more fun and pleasant!! I love the animals and especially love to see my PB pics too!! Y'all da bomb!!

When it's all over, when it comes to the contest, fun and emotion HAS to be put on the wayside and I HAVE to follow the timeline.
Now I don't like doing this nor do I get any pleasure from doing it. I actually feel horrible when it's this close. It's sort of like making the decision during a disaster and deciding who lives or dies. But no matter how I feel the rules are the rules...there is no but but but.
I would have went the other way if Laura had posted within seconds before it turned 5:26.
I'm not always there to see who is there but in this instance, if I'd spotted her name, I would have done the ++. But I did not see it. If she was flying invisible, I could not see her.:(

The decision was out of my hands @ 5:26.

There have been others that missed the time just by minutes and I had to the --. To make an exception in this case would be unfair to them. And if I did where is the line drawn 1 minute, ten, twenty---it would be opening a can of worms. I'd also have to do a lot of backtracking.

Sorry :cry:

I have to play scrooge so please please don't hate me.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
jj, both you and J0ker said repeatedly that you want to make it easy for everyone. What old rules? Could you show me the rule that says that a person who posts 1/2 hour before the turning and 2 minutes after is not eligible?

Didn't J0ker say that we (PVT memberes) make the rules? Well, we made the rules. :)

You don't have to play scrooge. You have to follow the spirit of the law and our (PVT's) wishes. I don't think you can find one PVT member who'd agree with your decision not to make Laura's thread eligible. We could have a vote, if you wish.

Seriously!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread