Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
It's obvious you think I have nothing better to do but cater to the needs of PVT. You aren't privileged in any way, as it seems you think you are from your comments. So have fun with YOUR Pre-vet!

I have decided the Veteran contest will not continue past this year. It takes way too much of my time "micro" managing and trying to keep the peace between members who obviously will never be able to maturely coexist.

So you all handle the PVT stuff like you want but the contest will no longer be in the ECF Contest forum after this year and I will no longer be involved.

My apologies to the members of this group who were able to maintain their maturity but I stated in the beginning that if things could not be handled maturely, I would not be a part of it. So I will finish the year out with what we have in place now and the contest will not continue in the following year.

Offer is off the table... it continues under the same rules.

The committee handles the PVT stuff. jOker and I handle the contest and THAT means how the threads and celebrations are rated and THAT will stay the same as it has been. At this point, I will not even come back in this thread except to close it in a few days.
I will open a new one to post any notice of a Welcome thread that has come up at the last minute. Please include a link to the celebration part if it is to be considered for that one special prize. I can always get in touch with the member but would prefer not to bother them. And that is the only reason to post in it. It should be the deadest thread here.
Be mad if you must but, like him, I'm tired of the BS, especially certain persons BS.
And to those two certain persons, I plan on going anywhere I darn well please.
And everybody else if you see the Tigger with the cat over it, you know the BS and badgering has continued.

To the rest of you, I'm sorry for you being getting pulled into this and remember that I like and respect each and everyone of you.
Mark you calenders, the countdown is in progress.

So IDK if you mean "No changes" or not.... that's what it sounds like. If not, then I retract the below:

That's the 2nd time I've been involved with contest rules and changes only to be told "no changes". Is this some kind of running joke?

Yep. We're a bunch of rubes. "Sure... go ahead... suggest some changes...he he he. {waits weeks} No changes for you!"

Funny. Ha ha. I've only spent 10's of hours here trying to work this out over the past few weeks. No biggie.

Well, since I'm not editing the list, and the contest doesn't change or even concern me (I was just trying to help)... I don't need to be here either. I can participate in pre-vet parties, and help the pre-vets (because that's what it's all about) without getting into this stuff.

I'll see ya around the PVT. Nothing more to see here....moving along now.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The committee handles the PVT stuff. jOker and I handle the contest and THAT means how the threads and celebrations are rated and THAT will stay the same as it has been. At this point, I will not even come back in this thread except to close it in a few days.
I will open a new one to post any notice of a Welcome thread that has come up at the last minute. Please include a link to the celebration part if it is to be considered for that one special prize. I can always get in touch with the member but would prefer not to bother them. And that is the only reason to post in it. It should be the deadest thread here.
Be mad if you must but, like him, I'm tired of the BS, especially certain persons BS.
And to those two certain persons, I plan on going anywhere I darn well please.
And everybody else if you see the Tigger with the cat over it, you know the BS and badgering has continued.

To the rest of you, I'm sorry for you being getting pulled into this and remember that I like and respect each and everyone of you.

Wow. Just... wow...

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Sounds great to me too starry. Now why is everyone saying A) I'm trying to start over (where the heck did that even come from?) and
B) I'm not "getting along"?

Man. I'm so outta here. That's so offensive. Now I'm getting emotional. I never said either of those things. And I was supporting your suggestion Kat, but can't finish even commenting until I know if j0ker and jj are even willing to discuss (jj in particular) them. All I see is "nothing changes" in their posts.

Then starry quotes the false accusations and says "That sounds really great?". Grrrrrr!!!!! If you mean her points Starry, maybe you should quote the other post? Maybe I'm confused. But I don't matter anyway.

It doesn't matter if I agree or not. No changes per j0ker and jj. So same crap.

Last edited:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
It's OK starry, I even allowed for that (and said you may have meant that)... so no problem. I'm just torqued about the "no changes" thing and then "Start over" and then "get along" and .... bah. It's just piling up.

No problems Starry. Sorry to get hot headed. I know better to reply when hot headed. It's me that owes you an apology. So sorry. :wub: :)

starrynight

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
the galaxy
Awww it's ok Atty, night night to you :wub:

It's OK starry, I even allowed for that (and said you may have meant that)... so no problem. I'm just torqued about the "no changes" thing and then "Start over" and then "get along" and .... bah. It's just piling up.

No problems Starry. Sorry to get hot headed. I know better to reply when hot headed. It's me that owes you an apology. So sorry. :wub: :)

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
....snip...... So I will finish the year out with what we have in place now and the contest will not continue in the following year.

Offer is off the table... it continues under the same rules.

The contest was never the reason that I participated in pvt. I was willing to support the contest, even though I was never asked whether I was willing to commit for a year. It sounded like a good complement to celebrating a year on ecf. I participated in good faith, spent as much time as I could trying to work with generating contest recommendations when things went sour, a couple of times.

But i'm done.

I'll probably stop by pvt to celebrate, as time permits. Pvt is still important to me, but I'm done with worrying about the contest. I'm tired of trying to find a solution, and I'm sad that there is so much stuff that blocks a solution. We worked hard to find recommendations and the current blow up resulted in being back at square one.

Love y'all....but I cannot participate or support the way things are. I'm not willing to spend the time and energy to try to work out solutions when the solutions and suggestions get blocked by conflicts.

I will start the welcome threads that I volunteered for, but that is all I am willing to commit to right now.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Sounds great to me too starry. Now why is everyone saying A) I'm trying to start over (where the heck did that even come from?) and
B) I'm not "getting along"?

Man. I'm so outta here. That's so offensive. Now I'm getting emotional. I never said either of those things. And I was supporting your suggestion Kat, but can't finish even commenting until I know if j0ker and jj are even willing to discuss (jj in particular) them. All I see is "nothing changes" in their posts.

Then starry quotes the false accusations and says "That sounds really great?". Grrrrrr!!!!! If you mean her points Starry, maybe you should quote the other post? Maybe I'm confused. But I don't matter anyway.

It doesn't matter if I agree or not. No changes per j0ker and jj. So same crap.

Oh, Atty, sweetheart, I'm so sorry... Either I didn't word my post well or you misread it. I never meant to accuse you of anything. I was just hoping, against hope, that we could take a simple up-or-down vote to see where we all stand--once and for all.

You see, J0ker said, "you all handle the PVT stuff like you want." Good.

He also said, "I will finish the year out with what we have in place now." So what do we have in place now? 1-2-3!!!! Good.

He also said: "I stated in the beginning that if things could not be handled maturely, I would not be a part of it." OK. I understand his frustration--everything was going smoothly until a stupid disagreement arose about Laura's eligibility, and poor Joker was again dragged into this nonsense kicking and screaming. I don't blame him for being upset.

As I see it, the 1-2-3 status quo (as things are now) has been approved by the people who run the PVT. Good. The only person who does not agree with J0ker's wishes and the PVT's wishes is jj2--who is by her own wishes only a liaison between PVT and J0ker (who really wants to be left out of this squabble.)

This is a private, social forum. As long as we follow the rules of ECF, we are all free to participate in anything we want--or not--and all our actions and "rules" are purely voluntary. We don't sign contracts and nobody can hire or fire us. Nobody can appoint a leader of a voluntary group unless members of that group agree.

The only obstacle to a peaceful continuation of the PVT and the contest is jj2, who just appointed herself a tzar of the contest. I'm not sure on what authority, though. J0ker didn't mention anything about jj2 being in charge of making or enforcing rules--and according to "as things are now," jj2 is a liaison. The rules are made by PVT.

I appeal to you jj, one more time. Please, please, don't let a good thing that we all love and enjoy get ruined. It's now you against 10 or 12 of us. Please, let's go back to J0ker's "as things are now" for the rest of the year. Simple rules, no stupid and unforceable timelines, no bonus drawings--welcome threads and avatar parties for those who want them, two grand drawings at the end of the year, the PVT decides who's eligible. Plain and simple.

J0ker wanted the rules to be more inclusive and easy to understand--and he wanted those who run PVT to be in charge--you agreed. J0ker wants this thing to survive untill the end of the year and he wants us to act like adults and not bother him anymore. It's all in your hands, jj. Please.

The PreVets was started by Whiskey--and it owes most of its popularity to Whiskey's years of hard work, dogged dedication and her personal charm. The contest is just piggybacking on Whiskey's thread's enormous success. Let's not forget that.

whiskey

Moved On
Jan 13, 2010
Originally Posted by jj2

The committee handles the PVT stuff. jOker and I handle the contest and THAT means how the threads and celebrations are rated and THAT will stay the same as it has been. At this point, I will not even come back in this thread except to close it in a few days. That makes 2 of us
And to those two certain persons, I plan on going anywhere I darn well please. Have at it
I have scarier avatars

Congrats...you just earned my ignore button

Last edited:

whiskey

Moved On
Jan 13, 2010
Kat, I'm in:):):)

Catch you in the other thread

thumbs_up_large.jpg

th16-1.jpg

Last edited:

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
:blink: Where'd everyone go? Hmmmmm...I'm not seeing any body parts or blood stains so...no one died. :blink:

Well...I agree! With ...with...what everyone else said. So...I guess we're good? :)

I do think we need closure on this whole thing kinda like...a funeral. So here...

it's a funeral alright, meggers - looks like our west coast crew is gone, and ces is stepping way back. the rules that were put in place to begin with were never run by the committee, and lots tried to live with them and now seem to be on the verge of giving up.
so, there you go ......

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Yup, it's a funeral--for me, at least.

I'm gone. I've been reprimanded, scolded, ridiculed and otherwise treated like a child. I was told that my time has no value and my hard work and efforts to improve the situation don't matter. I was told to basically shut up and obey the orders. Apparently some countdown is in progress (not sure what it means, but it sounds ominous).

I am an adult, an ECF member in good standing, and a supporting member. I do not take orders from a person or persons who have no authority to give me orders.

So that's that.

I feel sad and terribly disappointed. I'm going to miss you all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread