Convenience of tanks, cartos, etc. with thick juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
I've been using a 510-T LR atty with my Riva, and recently also started using a dual coil cartomizer with it too. I love them both as long as I'm using a thinner liquid, but whenever I try something thicker I quickly get dry hits.

Is there any other option for me, or am I stuck having to drip when I want to use the thicker stuff?

There are so many options out there, it can be overwhelming for a noob like myself. I've been looking all over for different things to try, and one that seems like it might work is a SmartCart. If I put a more coarse filler like the blue foam into one of those would it be able to wick thick juice fast enough?

Are there any other possibilities that I'm missing?

One other thing that I was wondering is if using LR 510-T attys and dual coil cartos is my problem. If I used something that didn't burn juice as fast like a regular carto or 510-T atty would that help much? I know hits wouldn't be as good, but mediocre hits are better that dry hits popping up constantly.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I have been using all VG organic juices in duals and boges without any problems. However, if you chainvape, you need to have 2 PVs set up so that the juice has time to shift around.

As for blue foam, I tried that awhile back and it made matters worse. Like I stated, you need 2 PV's is you're hitting it all the time.

As for your last question, the boge I normally use are standard resistance and these have proven less of a problem than anything else. I don't use t-tanks, not because of all VG but because I didn't like the muted flavor and less vapor they produced.

With boge standard resistance and a variable volt device, you can run any type of juice through the carto's without much issue. I've never encountered a "dry" hit putting these two pieces of hardware together. I vape 6-7ml day so I stand in a class as a heavy hitter. I hope some of this info helps you.

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
Thanks for the reply.
I'll give the Boge SR cartos a shot. Maybe they'll keep up on the wicking better than the dual coil mega ones that I have. I wouldn't say that I chain vape, but for some reason the Ms. T's juice that I just got works terribly in the DC cartos. With it totally filled, and with plenty of time for it to all soak in, I get a couple of good hits then dry hits. It's a good, long wait before I can have another hit after the first two. It's pretty much unusable. I think even rotating two wouldn't cut it.

As far as blue foam goes... I've never even seen the stuff. I just had the impression that it was more coarse and would let more liquid through. Maybe I could find some other option, or cut the stock filler way down and fluff it up? The smartcarts seem to be the only option that I can find that allows me to easily modify its wickability.

Also, I never had a problem with muted flavor on the tank system. Maybe that's because the only comparison I had is the standard 510 attys that came with my kit vs. a LR (1.7 ohm) 510-T. Between those two, there didn't seem to be much difference, except that the tank was WAY more convenient.

So, for now I'll try Boge SR, and maybe I'll try adjusting a smarcart. Any other suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
All my juices are DIY VG, no PG, other than what's in the flavor (~8%). I generally add ~12% distilled water to thin it enough for good carto wicking, and this does work. I also make dripping juice that is unthinned...and thick!! You might try adding a 1mL distilled water for every 10 mL juice. Some use PGA for this (dries me out too much), at about 5%. Similar for tanks, which also need a thinner juice, as do CE2's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread