Convert Dual To Single Coil RTA???

Status
Not open for further replies.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I didn't plug anything and it works great!

I often use dual coil decks with single coils and don’t plug up any of the air or juice holes. They work just fine for me.

I have a dual coil RTA that I have not ever used because I prefer single coils myself. I have tried unsuccessfully to locate or rig up a 'restrictor'. I never even thought of trying it without plugging up one side of the deck. Now I'm thinking of it..

Belhade

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    New York (no, not the city)
    I figured a tank with unobstructed juice holes would flood the atty.

I recently got the Youde Simba, which has, along with drop-in attys, a rebuildable deck with two sides, and an included plug (silicone on the bottom, ceramic on the top). I only run single coil anyways so that's what I've been using.

• Agree
    Reactions: Letitia

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I just received a Smok Tf RTA G2. It's a good tank, but I like single coils better. A search shows nothing for restrictors for this tank. Can I plug the juice ports and air ducts for the 2nd coil and air port to use it as a single coil? What would make a good plug? Thanks for any info.

I have the same tank. I bought this to use it with single coils: Original Smok TF RTA G1 Deck - $11.77 Free Shipping|GearBest.com
    It says they only have 1 left in stock.

• Useful
    Reactions: Letitia

searcher

ECF Veteran
    Sep 17, 2009
    Bossier City, La
    Thanks for all the good info. I tried last night plugging the juice vents and the bottom air channel on the side with no coil (plugged with a rolled piece of paper) and the TF/RTA vapes great. I was worried that the side air vent would cause a problem but it doesn't. I'll try later with no plugs just to see what happens. I ordered 10 of those RTAs from VapoRider for 5.99 each on their sweepout sale. Best deal I ever made. I just checked their site and looks like they still have some.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread