Convincing my Uncle to join the Ecig world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

analogaddict

Jun 17, 2013
Colorado
My Uncle has smoked for 30+ years and I just visited him and had my inferno on me. He took a puff and it was too harsh for him (damn volcano juices are awful and it was all I had on me). But I told him about blu cig and njoys. I'm wondering what the best tobacco flavored cigarette style ecig would be. Battery life should be long, have a good PCC and look and taste like a cigarette. I never got too into the world of cigalikes before switching to an ego style, but I know that's what he needs to kick the habbit. Any suggestions are welcome, just give me as much information on the PV as possible.

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
The hardest part about that is a 'true' tobacco flavor without resorting to NET or similar methods, or at least that seems to be the consensus most places. I would angle more towards finding another flavor he likes, perhaps his favorite blend of morning coffee, or a fruit he likes, even something a little more out there like my current ADV which is modeled after the kreteks I used to smoke. As far as a cigalike, I use KR808 batteries and I find they feel much like a 'wide' cigarette weight-wise, and I can cycle two, one in my mouth, one on a charger, without running out of power at any point. If he smokes very heavily you may need to look into longer (larger capacity) 808s or just bite the bullet and get three or more batteries, but even chain-vaping I still don't run dry battery-wise. Best of luck helping him make the switch!

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.
It's an old adage but is absolutely true. When I made the switch to e-cigs I immediately started trying to interest my son, of course he rejected the idea. He eventually told me that he didn't want to hear about e-cigs. So, I stopped talking about them to him. But after a couple of weeks he came to me and said he wanted to try it. He told me that what had convinced him to give it a try was seeing how easily that I had transitioned of cigarettes. Now we're both tobacco free, I gave him a ProVari for his birthday. Be patient, be the example, and be proud of your own success.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
The Joyetech eRoll sounds like it would be a perfect fit for what your uncle wants. It packs a surprising punch for a cig-alike. You take a few puffs from the eRoll and pop it back in the 1,000 mAh PCC case fully assembled—no cig-alike incessant battery charging misery.

I've got a huge pile of VW devices but I'm quite content with my eRoll for out and about. I've also gifted three and everyone is quite happy with them. Even if your uncle moves on to more powerful gear the eRoll will likely still fill a useful niche in his vaping arsenal.

This review is for the eMini but it is identical to the eRoll only sold under the Ovale brand name.

No juice will taste like burning paper and tobacco leaves so trying to replicate the taste of cigarettes in a juice is an exercise in futility. A local vape shop that allows juice sampling would be ideal. However, if that isn't an option samples would be a good idea. Quite a few people are fond of Halo tobacco flavors so perhaps your uncle might want to try their Halo Tobacco Sample Pack.

gando_salo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2013
Orlando, Florida, United States
I had my Father-IL quit smoking after 45 years.. but the main problem was flavor as he wanted nothing fruity or flavorful.
I ried everything and FINALY got to the perfect set up for him. Vission Spinner, Evod, and American Red Tobacco from Totally Wicked. He is now one month off the ..... sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread